Slow upload speed - Any suggestion for this issue?

kevinpark
Conductor
11 Replies 24495 Views

To, AGL team
I am writing to express my frustration with the slow internet speed that I have been experiencing for the past few weeks between the hours of 7 pm and 10 pm every day.. As a paying customer of your service, I expect to receive reliable and fast internet connectivity, but unfortunately, this has not been the case.

I am consistently experiencing slow internet speeds, which is affecting my ability to work and perform my daily activities. This issue has caused significant inconvenience, and I would like to request an immediate resolution.

I have tried restarting my modem and router, clearing my browser cache, and checking my connection speed, but none of these steps have resolved the issue. I believe that this issue is on your end, and I request that you take immediate action to fix it. however, all of your consultants from chatroom was terrible, they were keep asking me to do something from my end. chatroom makes me so annoying so I am writing this in the community.

20230425_191340.png

To, All users

Hey guys,

I captured this screenshot between 7pm to 10pm, Does anyone have any ideas about upload speed is less than 1mb? because download speed is okay all the time, but only difference is upload speed. every time if internet is super slow It shows upload speed is 0.22mb something. It's normally more than 15mb when internet is okay. 

In the chatroom, I explained all of these detail, and they just keep asking to reset router and replace the router, but I think that doesn't seem to be the problem, what do you guys think?

Please check below link what TPG had done with same issue

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Very-Slow-Upload-speed-NBN-50/td-p/19952/page/3

46 REPLIES 46
Jag1
Conductor
0 Replies 4228 Views

Residential | nbn (nbnco.com.au)

Try your address here to find out what connection type you have.

Jag1
Conductor
1 Reply 4228 Views

If you are in QLD look for other provider. AGL has major infrastructure failure which cannot be fixed soon. AGL technical team advised me they can't do anything to fix this issue.

Jag1
Conductor
0 Replies 4238 Views

You are correct. They said only few peoples have complained so far. So it's not a big deal for AGL. They think the issue on my side and tried all the fault finding steps. After about 1.5 hours on the phone, the guy said, "there is nothing I can do to fix your issue".

Jag1
Conductor
0 Replies 4238 Views

I did everything, Replaced the modem, Changed to a different modem, Changed the DNS settings, IPV6 settings, put on public IP, Plugged the PC directly to the NBN box, reset 50+ times, did speed tests 3 times with one hour interval and sent the screen shots.

Final conclusion is nothing wrong with the NBN connection but AGL backend issue, which cannot be fixed.

Phoenix0764
Semiconductor
2 Replies 4215 Views

Hi All,

you can count me as someone who is also experiencing the same problem. Downloads are fine, uploads are around 10mbps. This causes problems with any sites you need to send information to like online banking, online gaming etc...

The sites will time out and you are stuck trying just to log in. i have FTTP (Fibre To The Premises). This started happening around 2 weeks ago and I am in QLD. Tried everything mentioned here i.e. resetting router, tryied another router, changed DNS settings and as an IT professional (is that such a thing 😛 ) the problem is on the other side.

There was mention og AGL infrastructure being the fault and they cannot fix it, can anyone elaborate on what might have been said? 
I'm going to be calling the support line as web chatting was futile and I want to point them towards this chat thread so if there are any customers out there having the same problem, please just chime in. The more the better otherwise they will just ignore this (which they still may do but it is worth a try).

Thanks

Jeffrey

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
2 Replies 4208 Views

@Phoenix0764 , Hi Jeffrey, thanks for the additional feedback. I've flagged this as a significant issue and we're reviewing these reports with our network team to try and pin down the underlying cause. I'll post an update when I learn more.

If anyone else is encountering similar issues, please do share here. 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 4206 Views

Hi @Jjpeet , @Jag1 , @Phoenix0764  @kevinpark 

So that I can assist our network team's investigation into this issue, could you please send me through your Internet account details via a private message (click my name to private message me). I will pass these on to the team. 

Sorro
Switched-on
0 Replies 4160 Views

Did they advise how long this will last, and why they don’t show any issues on their status pages. This is quite misleading if they know of an issue and are not communicating it to their customers. 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 4142 Views

Hi @Sorro - I'm not aware of any confirmed issue. At this stage we're just collecting similar reports to be investigated by the network team. I will provide updates here when I have them, however.

Phoenix0764
Semiconductor
1 Reply 4128 Views

Hi All,

Well i phoned AGL support today and was told they are aware of this problem but are saying it is with NBN and to check the NBN webpage for their maintenance reports. I can find no web page that says they are working on problems, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I would like to know something though from all affected, if you go to speedtest.net and do a test is your ISP on the left Southern Phone? I believe this is what AGL use and this is where i believe the problem is. If not everyone has Southern Phone then that blows that theory.
Anyway, there is no word on when this will be fixed and it is now going on 4 weeks for me. I'm not sure where to go from here but I do have a friend with a connection into NBN and i might ask him if he can have a look at my area to see what is going on. I will report back.
Jeffrey