Flatmate has moved away and account is in their name

Alice100
Semiconductor
1 Reply 922 Views

My flatmate has moved away, but her internet account is registered with my bank details. The internet no longer works, I can't cancel the direct debit with my bank and AGL have said I can't change the account into my name without her calling. I live in Australia and she lives in Canada and I've not been able to reach her in 6 months. 

The internet is no longer working and I'm paying $85 a month. AGL customer service have been really unhelpful. I want to cancel my direct debit, as I can't continue to pay for an account that's not in my name and doesn't work. We've had no working internet in 3 weeks. 

5 REPLIES 5
AGLZAC
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 916 Views

Hi Alice,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I am going to PM you regarding this. 

AGL

Alice100
Semiconductor
1 Reply 905 Views

I have responded to the PM and haven't had a reply or a solution. My internet still isn't working, which is impacting my career, I cannot contact my previous flat mate and my debit card is still being charged (despite asking for my card to be removed). 

I need this account to be cancelled. 

Glenn_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 902 Views

Hi Alice,

We have private messaged you on Tuesday and haven't received a response.

Please check your messages so we can investigate your issue.

Thank you
AGL

Alice100
Semiconductor
1 Reply 899 Views

I replied to the direct message instantly and had no response. 

I've now been calling, chatting online and direct messaging for weeks without any help or resolutions. This needs to be resolved. I cannot continue to pay for an account not even in my name for a service that has not worked in weeks. 

Glenn_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 898 Views

Hi Alice, 

Are you private messaging here or through our Live Chat function?