Internet

DFC
Conductor
2 Replies 2561 Views

Since moving from ‘Optus’ 100Mb/s and 20Mb/s to AGL who ironically use ‘Optus’ our Internet package has reduced slightly in price (a good thing) but our speed options although reported to be the same as ‘Optus’ continue to fall, in some cases we can’t even get 3Mb/s download and 1Mb/s upload, in fact, we really have no Internet at all. I’m surprised I can even put this message up. Anyone else have these issues . Is ‘Optus only good through Optus? 

12 REPLIES 12
Dredd
Conductor
2 Replies 1939 Views

Good questions, you won't get a answer to them. My advice is charge providers asap like I will on Monday. 

Cheaper in this case is not better. 

My internet has been down since Tuesdays with no time frame or explanation as to why. 

Cyberdoc
Conductor
1 Reply 1933 Views

Ditto. Assume the same Nambour “partial incident” as it has been labelled? Appalling service- tried the messaging service twice. Could only give me same response as website. Will also be changing to the service my neighbour is using who has had no issues ever with them. 

DFC
Conductor
0 Replies 1881 Views

Sadly no response from AGL. Internet still very slow. I’m currently collecting data from there site to support my position that I’m not gethe service for which I pay. 

DFC
Conductor
1 Reply 1880 Views

Sadly the website shows no outage, etc. in fact normal operations. There’s simply no explanation other than a fault at AGL. Ironically AGL via this site have asked me if I’ve received the answer I’m looking for, which appears to be move to another service provider. 🤷🏻strange times indeed 

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 1826 Views

Hi DFC,
Unfortunately, NBN had not provided us with any updates on the outage, a lot of our customers were impacted, and what we are offering is a credit to be applied to the account for the time the service hasn't been connected/working.
I want to apologize as well for the slow speeds that you may also be experieincing.
If you can call us on 131 245, we will be able to assist further with your connection.
Thank you, Sheena 
AGL Telecommunications

DFC
Conductor
0 Replies 1824 Views
Thank you for your reply, may I add that this has been for some weeks, scince bringing our mobile devices over to AGL, which already has out NBN, gas and electricity. I’ve already called your tech group and on your own site photos l’ive taken show the area operational, with no works or outages. It basically make it impossible to stream without buffing or wach live sport or access websites on any device. I continue to collect data from the the AGL speed test to support my statements and hope that you will call me or give me a reference to you reply me.

Thank you
DFC
Conductor
1 Reply 1795 Views

Update, contacted AGL technical department who said that they agree that the service/speed? I’m receiving is inconsistent and not stable. However they think it’s best that someone in Australia talk to me on Monday I will get someone to call me. 

I’m not holding my breath…

DFC
Conductor
1 Reply 1792 Views

IMG_9875.png

DFC
Conductor
2 Replies 1790 Views

IMG_9876.png