AGL NBN support and hours of service

Rowdy1961
Superconductor
1 Reply 2369 Views

How can AGL internet provide any acceptable service if they only provide technical support hours 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. 

Support hours must be provided for 24 hour services 24x7. 

There is no support over the weekend.

A recent outage over the weekend was unbelievable to discover when I called Saturday, I was told to call back on Monday.

Also all support is provided by overseas helpdesk which is concerning as their technical support was very limited and very poorly managed.

All online outage websites showed no outage but I had been told twice the fault was due to AGL equipment. 

The whole outage experience was very bad considering it started Thursday and staff abandoned the fault over the weekend 

7 REPLIES 7
AGLZAC
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2354 Views

Hi @Rowdy1961 
We can definitely have a look into why your service may be having issues. 
Or you can contact our technical support team Monday - Sunday 8:00am - 8:00pm (AEST)

Regards 

AGL 

Hearts
Switched-on
3 Replies 1807 Views

Hi AGL,

It is so professional of your business, to allow customers to phone your 13 12 45 number, selecting NBN technical support as an option and to listen to your useless loop of irrelevant information without providing the most useful information, being that the techincal support line is only available until 6pm. great work, maybe add that in, or maybe don't allow the call to proceed, I was on hold for 30 minutes until I decided to google search your technical support hours.  If you like I put my hand up to manage the relevant department in control of these protocols.  

Rowdy1961
Superconductor
0 Replies 1797 Views
It's utterly outrageous for technical support to be only business hours
Monday to Friday.. utterly useless service
Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1761 Views

Hi @Hearts & @Rowdy1961 
Thank you both for reaching out to us, we do appreciate you contacting us.
I want to advise, our Technical support team is open from 8am - 8pm Monday - Sunday, however the escalation team is open from 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday.
I want to apologize for how long you were on hold to our technical support team for more than 30minutes.
I would recommend you give us a call on 131 245 so we are able to look into the internet connection for you further.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

Rowdy1961
Superconductor
1 Reply 1675 Views

Technical support are closed on weekends. They do not answer.

Peter Rowswell

[private details removed]

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1703 Views

Hi @Rowdy1961 

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to get a hold of them over the weekend, we can pass on feedback about the number saying it was closed for you, as the technical support team is open.
But I do appreciate the feedback to confirm the number says it is closed over the weekend.

Please give us a call when you can on 131 245, or chat to us on our live chat platform.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

Basil_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1674 Views

Hi @Rowdy1961 

I've removed your phone number from your message to protect your security and privacy, as this is a public forum. 

Kind Regards,

Basil