2024 Government Rebate Refund

jeffreysol
Conductor
1 Reply 1277 Views

It is current AGL policy not to refund a government rebate to the consumer. Can AGL advise if the two rebates (QLD and Federal)  announced for 2024/25 are to be retained by AGL or will the consumer (for whom the rebate was intended) be allowed to claim this amount if their account balance is regularly in credit due to efficient use of solar. 

10 REPLIES 10
Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
3 Replies 1221 Views

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for reaching out.

It's not our policy to withhold refunds or rebates from our customers.

In the case of solar, you can request your credit balance to be refunded at any time, or to have it periodically refunded on a quarterly or annual basis, in the case of a government rebate that puts you into credit, you just need to get in touch with us to request the one time refund, or can leave it to accrue like the solar balance.

Cheers,

Xander

jeffreysol
Conductor
2 Replies 1219 Views

Thankyou, Xander, for your reply. This was not my experience two months ago when my request for a refund was denied on 3 occasions as it included the government cost of living rebate. I will wait and see what happens in July. 

Regards, Jeff

Helpmeease
Switched-on
0 Replies 610 Views

Hi Jeff

Ive just requested this credit be refunded and they are not being helpful. 
hope you have a better experience. 

Anonw
Switched-on
1 Reply 594 Views

I switched providers last week and requested a refund for outstanding credit after receiving my final bill from AGL. Customer support have flatly refused multiple times. Told me I’d have to switch back to AGL to get the credit.

We will be taking it up with the energy ombudsman. Ridiculous.

Kirraflea
Semiconductor
0 Replies 268 Views

AGL has to provide the consumer a refund of the credit amount regardless if it’s the government rebate or not. AGL can’t penalise a consumer for exercising  their rights to change providers for a better deal. If a consumer switches providers, the credit needs to be refunded to the consumer, if AGL is refusing this, I would contact the QLD OMBUDSMEN. For everyone’s convenience, I have attached a photo of the article on the Queensland government website which clearly states that consumers are entitled to the credit when switching providers regardless if it’s the government rebate or not, I suggest that anyone Whom is being told by AGL that the money can’t be refunded to them contact the ombudsman and put in a complaint because there have been numerous people already complaining to them about AGL … Perhaps AGL better pull their heads out of their butts and stop trying to rip off consumers

IMG_1744.jpeg

Kirraflea
Semiconductor
0 Replies 267 Views
brissiebird48
Switched-on
1 Reply 224 Views

I have phoned many times to request total refund of my account. It appears you have to do this each time you receive a rebate from either Federal or State Government. I have been told in the past that they are holding on to it in case I have an electricity bill. If they checked my account they would find I havent had a bill since 2012. Also when I signed up  for solar in 2012 my feed in tariff was 52c and that was supposed to be until 2028. It has now dropped to 44c which is still good but not as good as 52c. The excuse I received fro the reduction was the Government changed it.

jeffreysol
Conductor
1 Reply 219 Views
Hi I think a formal complaint to the ombudsman is the only way. It worked
for me last time.
brissiebird48
Switched-on
1 Reply 217 Views

I have just told the Chatbot that I am going to call AGL on Monday morning and if I get no satisfaction then I will be contacting the OMBUDSMAN. He is asking to see a copy of my bank statement for proof of ownership yet they do a refund into that bank account each month. I havent had a bill since 2012. Unfortunately I cant switch providers because of the feed-in tariff I am receiving. Although that was 52c in 2012 and now its 44c in 2024. When I questioned they they said the Government changed it but it was supposed to be 52c till 2028. Its the same as the electricity prices went up as soon as the rebate was announced. All about huge profit