2024 Government Rebate Refund

jeffreysol
Conductor
4 Replies 15779 Views

It is current AGL policy not to refund a government rebate to the consumer. Can AGL advise if the two rebates (QLD and Federal)  announced for 2024/25 are to be retained by AGL or will the consumer (for whom the rebate was intended) be allowed to claim this amount if their account balance is regularly in credit due to efficient use of solar. 

23 REPLIES 23
Shel25
Switched-on
0 Replies 238 Views

Hi AGL, how do I request a bank transfer of the govt rebate credit as a one off once it has been applied? I have solar. Thanks! 

Turtlemeg
Switched-on
0 Replies 217 Views

I received a email this morning that I was over charged in the last month since the rebate.  Had 24hrs to contact them for refund or it will be credited to future billing.  So I rang and said I would rather the refund as it's over 1000.  And cheque sent today. Best of calling them and getting onto resolving it asap. 

Junior72
Switched-on
0 Replies 213 Views

Why am I being denied both my Government rebate and my Solar rebate? I am being told I can get a quarter of the money but the rest will be put towards future bills. I have not needed to pay for my electricity for 5 years, I don’t need or want more than $1500 in credit towards future bills.

dangriffo32
Semiconductor
0 Replies 212 Views

Hi xander 

When I requested a refund of my government rebate to an agl support member I was told that they can't refund the rebate unless I change to another energy provider and then request a refund from agl. I am regularly in credit so the money will just be sitting there in credit, so I would like it refunded. Can you please confirm if I should be able to receive the rebate as a 1 time refund? 

Thanks