2024 Government Rebate Refund

jeffreysol
Conductor
4 Replies 15784 Views

It is current AGL policy not to refund a government rebate to the consumer. Can AGL advise if the two rebates (QLD and Federal)  announced for 2024/25 are to be retained by AGL or will the consumer (for whom the rebate was intended) be allowed to claim this amount if their account balance is regularly in credit due to efficient use of solar. 

23 REPLIES 23
Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 3084 Views

brissiebird48, the WA govco did that over there too, from news reports some time ago, dramatically dropping supposedly fixed feed in for early adopters.

No breach of contract against our govcos it seems.

Wait for it, I see new pricing info on the AGL site for SA plans now, from July price changes the new feed in is listed at 3c.

3c. And it's then sold for nearly 45c + gst here in SA.

That's like 15x margin, 1400% markup.

I though 6c was bad enough, though interestingly my plan still shows it as 6c, so suspect it might be left alone for me until the plan expires later this year a few days before Christmas (Merry Christmas !).

Time for a Christmas home battery present most likely, if we can afford / justify it !

We just got a less than 1c price reduction per kwh, which is a drop of 0.015% from our old peak rate, and the feed in dropped 50% ?

I read recent news articles about various state regulators dropping minimum rates for feed ins in various states to 3c, SA has no such regulator, and wondered how low it would be before retailers took up the invitation to gouge a little more.

The new 1.2c penalty to solar feed in for solar soak hours, in now in some states, coming to other states next July, will have more of an impact against such a low feed in.

Best to start planning now for a battery and be almost self sufficient, though your 2012 system / inverter will likely need an upgrade, perhaps panels now too (12 years old), most likely a whole new more efficient modern system, if an when you decide it's time.

dangriffo32
Semiconductor
2 Replies 2981 Views

hi Xander

Based on your statement that AGL does not withhold redunds or rebates from customers, can you guarantee that if I ask for a refund of my energy releif rebate, AGL will immediately grant this? or will they try to not honour this as they have been doing to other customers?

brissiebird48
Conductor
1 Reply 2977 Views

In the past I have had to call AGL to get them to refund a rebate given to me by the government. I have been told that AGL will hold onto the the rebate to see if I have an electricity bill. I havent had an electricity bill since 2012. On my last credit refund I was given $120 extra on my top of my account credit. I still have about $900 sitting in credit on my account

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 2956 Views

@brissiebird48 as per this reply I made the other day . . . 

https://neighbourhood.agl.com.au/t5/Solar-Batteries-Technology/Refund-of-Account-Balance/m-p/38071/h... 

Apparently it works this way.

You're GOVCO credits (state and federal) are applied to your account balance / bill first, until they run out, and before any solar credit for feed in.

So, the rebates will be depleted over X number of bills, and your solar feed in credit will build.

You can claim the solar credits back anytime, or as arranged with AGL periodically.

Savanne23
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2479 Views

Savanne23
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2523 Views

How to apply for the rebate refund of $1000

Savanne23
Semiconductor
2 Replies 2522 Views

Is everyone eligible for the rebate?

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 2465 Views

Assuming you are in QLD.

Unless you are in an embedded network, it should be automatic . . .

https://www.qld.gov.au/community/cost-of-living-support/concessions/energy-concessions/cost-of-livin... 

See eligibility as to your own metering / billing situation in that page above.

It might be on your next bill, things seem slow with getting these, maybe they are applied to the first full bill after July 1st, but some here have had theirs paid, perhaps monthly billed consumers.

I haven't bothered to follow up, but my Federal rebate wasn't applied to my last bill, which covered a quarter to mid July, so I expect my first $75 portion of rebate will be applied next bill.

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 2486 Views
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2485 Views

Hello @Savanne23

Thank you for reaching out! 

All residential household who have an active electricity account in their name are eligible for the Cost of living rebate.  The rebate will automatically be applied to your as a lump sum on your first bill post 1 July. 

If you would like to check your account, please feel free to reach out. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie