Can authorised user use the AGL app?

Alevia
Switched-on
2 Replies 1314 Views

My husband is the main account holder on our agl account and I have been added as an authorised user. How can I use the agl app to view our energy use? It’s saying the account is registered to someone else (my husband obviously). Help!

4 REPLIES 4
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1308 Views

@Alevia

Being an authorised user only means that you can ask questions and get details etc.

You can only have one users name in the login details of the account, if you are the primary user change the login email address to yours and then your husband would have to login as you for the APP or WEB page.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1296 Views

Hi @Alevia, thank you for your message.

@NeilC above is correct, being an authorised contact on an an account does give you access to any information on the account, when calling or using our webchat and live services, but only one email address can be used for login to the app, and that email address has to belong to the primary account holder.

If you are the primary account holder in terms of responsibility, and would prefer to manage the account yourself, you can contact us here and ask to move the account into your own name.

Kind regards,
Xander

NielFulton
Switched-on
1 Reply 126 Views

This is *completely* ridiculous.

Both my wife and I should be able to access the account details using individual account logins -

I travel and am quite frequently out of contact, as is my wife - Using the same username and password means I can not enable two factor authentication to secure my account - which will prevent our ability to login should one or the other of us be out of contact.

leaving 2 factor auth off results in an insecure account

This is a fault with your system and prevents access from all authorised users in the most secure method offered to the standars users.

would you please explain why you think think this is acceptable ?

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 104 Views

Hi NielFulton, I understand the importance of security and convenience when it comes to managing your account, and I apologise for any frustration this situation has caused. I completely acknowledge your point about the limitations of using the same username and password for both you and your wife, particularly regarding the inability to enable two-factor authentication for added security. I will ensure that your feedback is provided to our Digital team so we can make our service more secure and accessible. Cheers, Deepesh