Hot water issue after smart meter installation

catear
Semiconductor
8 Replies 6408 Views

We had smart meter installed 12 days ago and since then the hot water would run out in the evening. We're family of 4 with 2 small toddlers and even with very short showers, I'm having lukewarm to cold showers at the end of the day. The meter usage shows a jump in usage from 1am onwards which is presumably when the hot water system is getting heated. We're on controlled load 1 so it SHOULD kick in at 10pm (not 1am) which I don't mind if it's the case and I can a shower at 11pm but right now I have to wait until 2am to get hot water again.

Called and spoke with AGL 5 times so far, reassured it'll be investigated in 24-48hrs over the week, the matter gets "escalated" with lots of reassurance and sympathy but even when the "resolution team" called and I get a text 2 days later saying they're "unable to complete your electricity meter investigation." and to call again. Can't change to controlled load 2 because they want to sort this meter issue out first which is fine but please fix the issue! 

Can someone please have a look since it's the long weekend and calling AGL doesn't seems to get any results. Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
Sally1
Semiconductor
0 Replies 894 Views
We've enjoyed more hot water but prices have increased. Time to investigate further. Don't enjoy having no control tho.Sent from my Galaxy
Johnomalley
Switched-on
1 Reply 844 Views

Just experiencing the same issue after a smart meter install. Guessing I'm not the only one and there is a fox for this now???

pwalex
Switched-on
0 Replies 841 Views

Avoid communicating with any AGL personnel; instead, report the issue directly to the ombudsman. The pipe started leaking following the installation of the new meter, and I must locate a repair service before filing a claim. I'm extremely exhausted from dealing with all of this post-meter installation.

lismich
Switched-on
1 Reply 64 Views

Well im on controlled load 2 and am waiting 8 hours for hot water since having smart meter installed. Im supposed to be getting 18 hours power a day for hot water but im getting approx 2. I have complained 3 times and still waiting for resolution. Ive told them to just try and give me a high bill when ive spent the whole quarter going without showers or waiting all day for one. I wont be paying it.

Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 57 Views

Hi @lismich thank you for your comment, I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with the hot water, I can imagine how frustrating that would be.

I'm going to reach out privately to get some more details.

Kind regards,
Xander