Hot water issue after smart meter installation

catear
Semiconductor
7 Replies 5983 Views

We had smart meter installed 12 days ago and since then the hot water would run out in the evening. We're family of 4 with 2 small toddlers and even with very short showers, I'm having lukewarm to cold showers at the end of the day. The meter usage shows a jump in usage from 1am onwards which is presumably when the hot water system is getting heated. We're on controlled load 1 so it SHOULD kick in at 10pm (not 1am) which I don't mind if it's the case and I can a shower at 11pm but right now I have to wait until 2am to get hot water again.

Called and spoke with AGL 5 times so far, reassured it'll be investigated in 24-48hrs over the week, the matter gets "escalated" with lots of reassurance and sympathy but even when the "resolution team" called and I get a text 2 days later saying they're "unable to complete your electricity meter investigation." and to call again. Can't change to controlled load 2 because they want to sort this meter issue out first which is fine but please fix the issue! 

Can someone please have a look since it's the long weekend and calling AGL doesn't seems to get any results. Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
Sally1
Semiconductor
0 Replies 4945 Views

We have more hot water, so are concerned ours is constantly boosting our solar hot water system.

Agl tell me there are no issues.

Concerned 

Justme
Switched-on
0 Replies 4505 Views

This is exactly our situation and I’m gettting fed up with calling to get it sorted and getting nothing in return, have you managed to get yours sorted yet?

BenA
Switched-on
1 Reply 4409 Views

Did you get your hot water fixed?

Ours is the same issue and keep getting the run around... Intellihub won't speak to us and supposedly our meter is reading as it should... 

Absolute joke. 

Sally1
Semiconductor
0 Replies 4406 Views
Hi, No changes, no answers.Bonus, hot water all day but paying for it.Waiting to see how price increases factor. May need to change companies. Not impressed as we definitely have no control. CheersSent from my Galaxy
catear
Semiconductor
2 Replies 4401 Views

Sorry to hear you guys are having the same issue. We eventually fixed our issue but it took A LOT of calls. AGL kept telling me it was the distributor's (Ausgrid) issue and when I rang Ausgrid they said it's the retailer AGL's issue. Eventually when I got through to someone from AGL, I was put on hold while they rang Ausgrid directly and after some discussion, Ausgrid agreed to send someone to "switch" something on our meter. It happened again a few months later when we lost power (down tree) and AGL again asked Ausgrid to send a technician and we haven't had any issues since. I think keep trying with AGL and ask them to chase the distributor. Good luck  

Sally1
Semiconductor
0 Replies 4400 Views
Thank you, will give it another go 👍Sent from my Galaxy
Justme
Switched-on
0 Replies 4395 Views

Do you know what they switched? After many many calls we got someone out to look at it but he says there is nothing wrong with it and that our old meter must have been faulty 

just doesn’t make sense to us 

jaydee
Conductor
0 Replies 4279 Views

No one I spoke to could give me an answer to a simple question..CONTROLLED LOAD on my solar H/W system.

It is not mentioned on my last bill once the new meter was supplied,this is the bill that had 2 parts before and after new meter,I am not having any hot water problem but have asked and not had an answer as to when and if your version of a controlled load is active,possibly I would surmise in a dearer section of your calculations,please advise what of the 4 sections you use (peak.shoulder,off peak,peak shifty move having peak appear twice even though only shows once on

my split bill,can you also explain to me how I can read the meter myself..need an answer,as this is very important to us oldies (87 & 84 years)..with thanks for your co.operation cheers Jack Discombe

pwalex
Switched-on
1 Reply 3791 Views

Similarly, my usage quadrupled solely for hot water after replacing the so-called digital meter. AGL hasn't been helpful. I'm considering complaining to the ombudsman and possibly hiring a private investigator. I've heard of someone who battled this issue for a year.