Slow upload speed - Any suggestion for this issue?

kevinpark
Conductor
11 Replies 24405 Views

To, AGL team
I am writing to express my frustration with the slow internet speed that I have been experiencing for the past few weeks between the hours of 7 pm and 10 pm every day.. As a paying customer of your service, I expect to receive reliable and fast internet connectivity, but unfortunately, this has not been the case.

I am consistently experiencing slow internet speeds, which is affecting my ability to work and perform my daily activities. This issue has caused significant inconvenience, and I would like to request an immediate resolution.

I have tried restarting my modem and router, clearing my browser cache, and checking my connection speed, but none of these steps have resolved the issue. I believe that this issue is on your end, and I request that you take immediate action to fix it. however, all of your consultants from chatroom was terrible, they were keep asking me to do something from my end. chatroom makes me so annoying so I am writing this in the community.

20230425_191340.png

To, All users

Hey guys,

I captured this screenshot between 7pm to 10pm, Does anyone have any ideas about upload speed is less than 1mb? because download speed is okay all the time, but only difference is upload speed. every time if internet is super slow It shows upload speed is 0.22mb something. It's normally more than 15mb when internet is okay. 

In the chatroom, I explained all of these detail, and they just keep asking to reset router and replace the router, but I think that doesn't seem to be the problem, what do you guys think?

Please check below link what TPG had done with same issue

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Very-Slow-Upload-speed-NBN-50/td-p/19952/page/3

46 REPLIES 46
kevinpark
Conductor
1 Reply 4763 Views

Please don’t beat around bush, It's just that agl puts a limit on the upload speed between 7:00 and 10:00, which is the peak time. To put more people in a small space. Am i right? 

John-T
Powerhouse
0 Replies 4762 Views

@kevinpark 

I do not know. I am not with AGL for internet. I do not work for AGL.

I am only trying to help if I can.

Sorry

John 

kevinpark
Conductor
2 Replies 4761 Views

Sorry John i though you are from agl. I have no idea with any information about the line. I live in a new apartment in Sydney Olympic Park. And nbn is installed initially 

John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4759 Views

That is okay @kevinpark

No problem at all.

There are 2 kinds of NBN to the building I am not sure what you have running from the entry point of the building to your apartment. So I am unable to know what the setup is.

Sorry again

John

John-T
Powerhouse
0 Replies 4754 Views

Looking at your graph your ping is shocking and upload is very bad.

Something is not right.

John

Jag1
Conductor
0 Replies 4729 Views

From the day one My connection was bad, low in speed and most of the web sites were buffering.
Contacted technical help multiple times. They were tried to fix the issues in different ways. All the attempts were unsuccessful.
The last call I had with technical support said AGL has problems in AGL having issues with the infrastructure, which cannot be fixed to resolve my issue.

Jag1
Conductor
0 Replies 4729 Views

HFC

Jag1
Conductor
0 Replies 4729 Views

Same issue here at my place.

20+ calls to technical service.

The last call I had with technical support said AGL has problems in AGL having issues with the infastructue, which cannot be fixed to resolve my issue. 

I demanded the refund for last three months and the cost for the modem from the first day of my new home connection. They said I have only called them 20 times and they can only refund 20 days of credit.😡

I am going to take this to the upper management of AGL.

Jag1
Conductor
0 Replies 4729 Views

My connection is HFC

Jag1
Conductor
0 Replies 4728 Views

Try your address here.

Residential | nbn (nbnco.com.au)

This will give you a connection type