Extremely high energy bill

gretapearson123
Conductor
2 Replies 1757 Views

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out as my energy bill has gone up (double the amount) and I am so confused. I live in a Townhouse (total 3 ppl) and we work full time hours... I have compared my bill with other colleagues with families of 4+ and my bill is double the amount of theirs. I have recently done a metre read but I would like AGL to visit my place as I don't believe this amount of energy consumption is possible for a house of 3 ppl. Some support would be greatly appreciated as rent is already $$, let alone a $1,000 electricity bill which I will not be paying until AGL come and review the property / electricity connection. 

4 REPLIES 4
Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 1738 Views

Hi Greta,

Thank you for reaching out.

It sounds like your bill might need further investigation - we don't employ technicians to review property connections, or personal electronics, but can investigate up until the level of the meter. 

I'm going to message you privately to ask for your account details so I can look into this further for you.
Kind regards,
Xander

Michael57
Superconductor
0 Replies 1736 Views

Hi 

It would be worth checking if the bill is Actual or Estimated.  Also if you have a Smart Meter which will let you see the half-hourly usage in case there is some weird usage at particular times of day. 

gretapearson123
Conductor
0 Replies 1691 Views
Hello?
Can you please respond to my message?

Thank you,
Greta Pearson
gretapearson123
Conductor
0 Replies 1691 Views

Hello - I replied 2 weeks ago and still have had no response.

Please follow this up.

Thank you,

Greta