Energy rates increasing without any notification

DaveM
Switched-on
2 Replies 124 Views

Just checking with others, my single variable electricity rate in Qld has gone up again in the background.  I looked at last bill and it was $0.304, and in the app for this month its gone up to $0.340.  No email to let me know the price changed.  I know its variable, but when looking at plans on the AGL website it says we will let you know when things change.  I get their emails since I get the bills fine 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 121 Views

I've been getting emailed bills for years now, and as such with recent changes to plan tariffs in South Oz, I have always received an email to advise increases, with old rates and new rates listed clearly near each other.

Not sure if / why AGL would do that differently in QLD.

You are VERY lucky to be on 34c, here in SA it is 43.51c for a standard value saver deal single tariff, and just under $1.0226 supply charge a day.

My brother lives NQ and only has one supplier available, and he's on 33c (might have gone up recently, not sure), go figure how that works with no competition there like we supposedly have.

PeterPow
Switched-on
0 Replies 27 Views

Hi Dave, I have found this exact same thing. I have had 3 rate rises over that past year without even one notification.

From 23.3 cents now up to 36.9 cents.  I am going to ring them and see how I go. My plan definitely says that I will receive notification of any price changes before they happen. I will post if I get any news.