Electricity pricing from 1/7/23

Warren_Hanley
Switched-on
26 Replies 49547 Views

Hi AGL,

I have just received the new electricity rates that take effect from July 1 and I am absolutely alarmed at the increase!  This, in my opinion is nothing short of “highway robbery”.  I would like someone to contact me with regard to negotiating a better rate.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Warren Hanley

102 REPLIES 102
beast
Switched-on
1 Reply 4073 Views

I have just received a massive increase in my electricity bill from AGL. 15c to 30c. 

This is totally inexcusable. I expect an exact, detailed analysis of why this was necessary. I am an electrical engineer who understands that AGL closes coal to push up the wholesale price so they can make more money, at our expense. 
We are told renewables are more reliable and cheaper than coal. You close Liddell, the rates go up and my off peak ( more than half my bill) doubles. The site charge is also up.
You must hang your heads in shame. You are wrecking our Country, businesses will need to shut.

I will write to every newspaper and politician I know
Adam2089
Switched-on
1 Reply 4061 Views

My letter from agl re the increase in prices for electricity has my rate going from 21.6c per kw to 38.2c.

this is a price rise of nearly 90%!

I don’t understand if the average price rises are 15-20% how I can be receiving such a ridiculously high increase 

jhaas
Transformer
0 Replies 4064 Views

FYI, I've only just learned that the 15c solar feed-in tariff  that I recently stumbled across is a limited time offer:

"Up to 15c/kWh solar FiT now available, offer ends 30th of June".
(15c for first 14kWh per day, then 5c)

My email notice of rates increases still shows 15c feed-in after 01 July (but always "variable and subject to change")

jhaas
Transformer
1 Reply 4077 Views

I thought perhaps AGL had completely killed the idea of Time Of Use plans (given my post above).

Alas, I see that they've done something similar with their Singe Rate tariffs too:
From July 01, Solar Savers:
single-rate tariff   up   60% to ~42c/kWh 
daily supply        up 1.8% to 95c / day

Sigh...
Bye AGL!

UpsetPensionrt
Transformer
0 Replies 4086 Views

In Victoria AGL has single rate of 18.61 c, daily supply of 86c until end July. Then who knows.

My plan expires 29 June.

Glad I don’t live in a black coal state.

My major concern is the gas prices.

ARJ
Semiconductor
1 Reply 4081 Views

I forgot to mention Olgi,

How do you explain or reconcile the record profit just announced by AGL and the companies forecast of maybe double that next year, with a need for these increases ? 

I would suggest that the reasons of the increased costs for the company that you listed are ( whilst real) , zero excuse .

Clearly if customers shared the benefits of these massive profits there would be a reduced need for such increases.

jhaas
Transformer
0 Replies 4076 Views

I agree... 
Increases of this magnitude, coupled with the reported profits, are just staggering. 
At very least it's going to kick start a lot of churn.  Why give your customers such a strong reason to shop around!?

I'm kicking myself for not buying a few shares when I looked at AGL back in january. 
It would have shielded me from all these 01 July consumer price increases.
But then, do I really want to own part of a company that does THIS ?

UpsetPensionrt
Transformer
0 Replies 4075 Views

Re the exorbitant / highway robbery / price gouging / etc increases.

I hope AGL didn’t just send you the default offer prices!

Fj1200
Switched-on
1 Reply 4062 Views

It's good to see AGL have a sense of humour, firstly they send me an email saying my rates are going up by around 30% and then about a week later send me another email telling me how I can "Stay warm and cosy for less this winter", I just can't stop laughing.

Donaldo
Conductor
1 Reply 4059 Views

When you do find a better provider let me know, long time customer fed up.