Electricity pricing from 1/7/23

Warren_Hanley
Switched-on
26 Replies 50770 Views

Hi AGL,

I have just received the new electricity rates that take effect from July 1 and I am absolutely alarmed at the increase!  This, in my opinion is nothing short of “highway robbery”.  I would like someone to contact me with regard to negotiating a better rate.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Warren Hanley

102 REPLIES 102
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 4772 Views

Hi @ARJ

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

We appreciate that increase in rates has been announced and it will impact our customers who are struggling with cost of living increases. Rates have increased, following a decision by energy regulators. This is based on factors including wholesale prices, network changes and market conditions. 

We encourage you to look at our current plans and rates on offer and if better suited than what you currently have, you can swap the plan yourself via AGL My Account or App or by getting in touch with us via our website.  

You can also look into what support we have on offer for our customers here.

Please do let us know if there is anything else that we can do to assist.

Thanks,

-Olgi-

Hartleyvale
Conductor
0 Replies 4770 Views

Up 70% for me! Ludicrous!

Hartleyvale
Conductor
0 Replies 4770 Views

"Higher than expected" would be say 25% instead of 20% - not 70%!

PeterP1
Switched-on
2 Replies 4746 Views

My tariff is going to drop from 12.5 to 5, which is also unacceptable. I was expecting a price hike but not a reduction in the tariff, especially when my email said there would be no drop in my tariff. Unless they change this I'm moving to another provider.

Neilkoz
Switched-on
2 Replies 4761 Views

I was recently advised of a 31.4% increase in AGL General Useage Tarif, however based on my historical annual useage ,the real increase will be 73.1%, this is because the feedin tarif & government rebates don't increase, so please be aware of this trap.AGL kindly advised me there would be no change to my feedin tarif, big f...... deal, they don't give me any, I only get the legislated 44c.

ARJ
Semiconductor
0 Replies 4762 Views
Sent from Mail for Windows
Dear Olgi,

Surely you can’t be serious .

The current published rates are to be replaced by vastly increased rates in 2 weeks time – what would be the point in looking at them now ?

Also it is my knowledge that all plans are increasing by similar exorbitant amounts – way above the previously stated increases .

If I attempted to increase my own business charges by 40% - 50% I would be out of business overnight !

Sincerely, ARJ
John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4755 Views

Strewth 44c State Government feed in tariff, I consider you one of the lucky ones, you must be in QLD if you are getting 44c feed in tariff ? If you are in QLD then you are locked in to that 44cents feed in tariff till July 2028, that would be paradise for me "I can only dream"  

I am in NSW

I do not get any legislated feed in tariff I only get the 10cents for 1st 14KW then 5cents after that.

And I have an AGL installed Solar system just passing its first year.

Them's the breaks I guess

Kind Regards

John 

jhaas
Transformer
0 Replies 4746 Views

Hey John-T.

My too (in NSW with slowly dwindling feedin tariffs...)

BUT... Don't let them catch you napping...
I updated my Solar Saver plan early this year... 10c (for first 14kWh).
What they don't bother telling you is that the SAME plan now offers 15c (for first 14kWh).... but it won't come automatically to you.  I had to re-apply to the plan (early June) to get the 15c tariff.

Nice of them to pass along the variable rates when it is in THEIR favour, but not in ours!

jhaas
Transformer
1 Reply 4744 Views

Solar Savers plan (incl GST): July 2023 changes
Time of use rates:
Peak        up ~22% to 68.1+c/kWh
Shoulder  up   49% to 36.8c/kWh
Off-peak   up   72% to 28.6c/kwH          
Tariff         No change at 15c (for first 14kWh, then 5c per kWh)

I just completed some calculations; My last 3 monthly bills would all be 65% or more increased compared to the current rates. (I use mostly off-peak)... 

jhaas
Transformer
1 Reply 4757 Views

LIke others here, I am faced with not simply a LARGE increase, but an increase which is SO LARGE that I can't imagine it is justifiable...

Solar Savers plan (incl GST): July 2023 changes at postcode 2289  (Time of use rates):
Peak        up ~22% to 68.1+c/kWh
Shoulder  up   49% to 36.8c/kWh
Off-peak   up   72% to 28.6c/kWh          (and this is the part of the bill that I TRY to use the most...)
solar tariff - no change at 15c (for first 14kWh, then 5c per kWh)   [I've just learned that 15c offer expires 30 June, get in quick!] 
daily supply  -down 1% to 108.5c / day

jhaas_0-1686983824171.png

Time to shop around yet again!