Electricity pricing from 1/7/23

Warren_Hanley
Switched-on
26 Replies 33618 Views

Hi AGL,

I have just received the new electricity rates that take effect from July 1 and I am absolutely alarmed at the increase!  This, in my opinion is nothing short of “highway robbery”.  I would like someone to contact me with regard to negotiating a better rate.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Warren Hanley

102 REPLIES 102
Frankie65
Switched-on
0 Replies 1040 Views

Hi there AGL

Well first of all lets be clear, your business doesnt care for loyalty, long term customers, or even those that are in front with paying their bills. Your blanket approach to charging everyone the same is setting the scene for people to shop around, and then because of what I call legal collusion, no one is really offering better deals, so we stick with the same old flavour. So my question is simply this, how can my monthly bill have doubled since all these changes. I work FT so nothing in my house has changed in terms of appliances extra people etc, but the bill has DOUBLED. As a renter Im already getting screwed by the market as I am simply not able to put solar on or get any discounts as I am apparently able to afford this life of indulgence. ie using an air con ONLY on weekends and sitting in the dark most nights. I am disgusted by the governments and the power providers in general. You are simply getting my wrath as you are my provider. How about some loyalty love, how about a reduction in the pricing, as lets face it, as apublic company its all about shareholders not about the customer!! 

Fita15
Switched-on
1 Reply 877 Views

totally agree these plans are misleading and pretty much misleading robbing us “valued customers”.

QAZ
Conductor
0 Replies 875 Views
Too right! All those plans are supposedly there to allow us to find an
option most suited to our needs, but in fact their purpose is to confuse
and earn as much money as possible for the providers.