Double charged on provider change over date

Kazza69
Conductor
1 Reply 2136 Views

On the 29/8 I got a confirmation text saying that my electricity transfer is scheduled for the 4/9 then on that day I got a text saying Reminder your electricity connection will take place in the next 5 days then on the 5/9 I got a text saying-your electricity transfer has been completed. I can still access my account with my previous supplier and it shows the last day they charged me for electricity was on the 4/9 so I called them ( they answer the phone there) and they said that the reason for that is they were notified by AGL on the 4/9 but the transfer wasn’t actually completed that day but the next day(5/9). When I signed into my AGL account they have started to charge me for electricity on the 4/9 so I have both electricity companies billing me for the same day! Now I have not yet received my final bill from the previous supplier and it will be interesting to see the end date for the bill and I hope that it doesn’t say the 4/9 like it does on my account with them or someone will get in trouble as I’m sure double billing is against consumer law. I posted this here as trying to get through to someone at the call centre is next to impossible!😑

2 REPLIES 2
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2117 Views

Hi @Kazza69, Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us. 

We apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience caused. 

It is a rare scenario for two energy providers to be billing the same property address, however, we do have measures in place to investigate and rectify this for you. 

I'll send you a private message so we can get some details from you and assist further. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie 

flarkin
Switched-on
0 Replies 155 Views

My elderly mother requested the AGL GAS account to be transferred to Alinta in April 2021 and this actually took place on 23 April 2021. We have noticed that both AGL and Alinta have been charging for the same MIRN and meter number and Agl have been paid by direct debit since then, as well as Alinta. I contacted the AGL chat line and they said that it could not happen that the same MIRN and meter number could be billed twice by two retailers and that we had not requested the transfer in the first place.

Wonder how often this occurs with elderly people?

The credit process on the AGL  site appears to be invisible and the chat line was not very helpful

Any ideas how to work through this process online?