The new-look eBill summary

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
53 Replies 416117 Views

After listening to your feedback, we're excited to show you the new-look eBill summary. As well as freshening up the look and feel, we've added some crucial information so you can quickly get the important details about your account.

What's changed?

In addition to your bill amount, due date and other useful links, you'll now see:

• Whether your bill is an estimated or actual meter read (if you have a basic meter you can avoid an estimated bill by completing a self-service meter read)
  • A link to set a bill due reminder in your calendar
  • Instantly pay your bill with a link to make a payment
  • A snapshot of any applied concessions or discounts
  • A new usage and cost snapshot comparing your usage to the same period last year (if available).
  • A link to our bill explainer page for more info on how to read your bill

ebill summary.JPG

How to view the full bill

While we've tried to include most useful information, you're still able to download your bill in full by selecting View your bill on your bill summary. You won't need to log in to your account to do so.

Alternately, you can access your bill by logging in to My Account.

To access your bill via the AGL app, select the Billing tab, tap the bill you'd like to view, then View PDF.

Questions and feedback

This new-look eBill was created based on feedback from customers like you, and we'd love to hear what you think. If you have any questions or comments, you're welcome to add them to this post!

124 REPLIES 124
RobLyn
Switched-on
2 Replies 7556 Views

Tried to log in to my account but the site wouldn't allow me to. Just kept cycling. Off to a good start.

Does this new bill require me to read my gas meter and somehow insert that into my account or if I don't read my meter, my amount of gas used will be estimated? I don't want to have to read my own meter. This is ridiculous.

trichter
Switched-on
1 Reply 7546 Views

Keep the old one, nothing wrong with it. Don't like this being very familiar use of my name. Can't we stick to using surnames, eg: Mr. Smith instead of using first names when addressing someone. First names are for family and friends and not for business.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 7533 Views

Hi @RobLyn - nothing is changing with how bills are read or estimated. This is just a new eBill format - that's all. We're sharing it early so that people know it's still an official AGL bill despite the new look.

You don't need to do your own meter read if you don't want to. If your energy distributor is unable to read your meter, you may receive an estimated bill based on average usage, but it will simply be amended next time an actual reading is sent by your local distributor. This has always been the case, so nothing is changing.

Also, if you have a smart meter, it is read remotely so you'll never receive estimated bills.

bursar
Switched-on
2 Replies 7519 Views

So if I am reading it right, we have to actually log in to our accounts and maneuver to the Billings tab to be able to download a copy of our actual bill? Very annoying and unhelpful. Why can't you just attach it to the email as before - automated system shouldn't be a problem.

nambouruca
Switched-on
0 Replies 7506 Views

This looks like a third party company, not AGL! Dates indicated are 2018 - states 61 days, it is 91 days! Payment is due in 2017?!? A late payment fee - $100, you have to be joking, what a damning indictment of AGL!!! Been trying to set up online account - keeps reloading, says I didn't exist! Now waiting for the online account to start?!? Poor service all round!

Roryles
Switched-on
2 Replies 7504 Views

I am very concerned on the proposed new account that you are suggesting late payment of $100.00.

I think this is obscenely excessive and should be reduced.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 7502 Views

Hi @Roryles , @nambouruca 

There is no late payment fee of $100. That was simply placeholder text on this bill mock-up, and it has now been removed.  Old dates are used as placeholder text to prevent confusion. By the way, "123 Sample St" isn't a real address either, we hope! 

If you're having trouble logging into your account, feel free to send me a private message (click my name) and I'll investigate.

furrballtoo
Switched-on
1 Reply 7474 Views

I need a blank space somewhere on the paper bill so that I can print the receipt. Minimises paper. 

Mazzy
Conductor
0 Replies 7465 Views

I agree. It would be great to have a space to put comments.

Mazzy
Conductor
0 Replies 7464 Views

Hi Roryles,

There is no $100 late fee.This is just a sample, though I have no idea why this should have be added to the sample.