BYO modems - Which model do you connect with?

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
3 Replies 6214 Views

When you join AGL Internet, you have the option to connect using a modem you already own. We support most modems, as long as they aren't locked to an earlier ISP. Some though, might require some tinkering to get going.

To help out our Neighbourhood users, I'd like to start compiling a list of BYO modem models folks are using to connect, along with any setup tweaks they needed to get working.

If you've used your own device to connect and everything is working as it should, let us know below which model you use and whether it worked "out of the box".

8 REPLIES 8
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 6202 Views

Confirmed working BYO modems:

(Please note that these are not officially supported by AGL, but confirmed working by other Neighbourhood users)

Updated 25/5/2023:

BDI

• AC1200 VDSL/ADSL modem

Huawei

• WS7200

Telstra

• Telstra Smart Modem

TP-Link

• Deco X60
  • (AC2100) Archer VR2100

ZTE

• H268A
Ooga
Switched-on
2 Replies 5940 Views

Have just successfully set up with a TP-Link (AC2100) Archer VR2100 following the steps here:

https://support-au.myrepublic.net/hc/en-us/articles/4415743095321

Need to perfrorm the initial router login without the WAN cable connected or it overrides the settings - you will get internet via ethernet but be unable to configure wifi.

NeilBW
Semiconductor
1 Reply 5922 Views

Hi David

I need some assistance to get acceptable performance from my Belong (Sagecom) F@st 4315 router ?

What settings on the 4315 router do you suggest I check / change / update?

Neil

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 5917 Views

Hi @NeilBW  - I've just replied to your other topic on this one. I haven't heard one way or the other about customers using your device on AGL Internet, but if this does turn out to be an issue, I'll flag it here. Hopefully someone else using the Sagecom Fast 4315 successfully can share their own setup recommendations.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 5916 Views

@Ooga  - Many thanks for letting us know, and for sharing the setup guide.. I've added that model to the list here.

SGrif88
Switched-on
1 Reply 3566 Views

Need help with this pls. That website doesn’t seem to work and I have that exact modem (archer vr2100) and cannot get it connected

Ooga
Switched-on
0 Replies 3523 Views

Hi SGRIF,

I found the page in the wayback machine (though it has lost the screenshots as sometimes happens) but the steps are the same that I used:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230609114325/https://support-au.myrepublic.net/hc/en-us/articles/44157...

I hope this helps 🙂

chrisgmale
Switched-on
0 Replies 903 Views

archer VR1600v ver2.0

Hi i have above modem with TPG on 50/20 plan. is this easy to configured for same plan 50/20 with ALG, the modern i am told is unlooked.

How easy is it to do? . Any tricks? . i am not a IT expert, know how to access the settings in the modem.

Working step would be great thanks,