eSIM Activation

firediy
Conductor
6 Replies 1279 Views

I ordered an eSIM from AGL 12 hours ago and requested a port-out from TPG. The porting process appears to have been successful, and I received an email from TPG confirming this and my service has been cut off.

However, I received a welcome email but noQR code needed to activate my eSIM. It’s now been over a day, and I still have no QR code.

There is no order for activation

There are no pending activation at this time. This could be because you recently submitted an activation request, which is currently being processed, or no further action is required from you to activate your service.

if you've gotten this message in error or are having trouble activating your SIM card

When I log into "My Account," I’m getting an error that prevents me from accessing any further details. My mobile service is currently cut off, leaving me in a difficult spot without a working phone.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and how did you resolve it? Any guidance or support from AGL would be appreciated.

Welcome to AGL

Hi xxx,

Your eSIM has been successfully activated and your new AGL service for mobile number 6146xxxxx is ready to use.

If you have a physical SIM card in your phone, you can now remove it. If you had a previous eSIM, that has now been deactivated and your service has switched over to AGL.

We’ve also sent a confirmation SMS to the above mobile number.

Thanks,
The AGL Team

25 REPLIES 25
jusDau
Semiconductor
1 Reply 886 Views

Really?

Live chat today, explained the issue again, the usual form responses ensued.

Eventually I was promised a new eSim would be sent via email, that was at around 3pm, I'm just heading off to bed and NO email. Ive tried phoning, I've tried chat, I've tried this forum, what am I to do next?

Why the hell should I trust anything anyone says, and why the hell should I stay with AGL?

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 881 Views

Hi @jusDau I'm really sorry you didn't receive the QR code, they can take 2-24 hours to be received.
So we can look into this further, it is best you contact us on our live chat platform so we can look into this for you.
I understand you contacted us yesterday to organize this, however it's best you contact us again, or after the 24 hours if you have still not received the QR code.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

firediy
Conductor
0 Replies 701 Views

my account number is ACC448154 please assist

firediy
Conductor
0 Replies 682 Views

I was advised from AGL online support:

I have requested for your QR code to be sent to your email address.

You will receive this within 24 hours.

Do not worry, usually the email is sent within 1-2 hours of the request.

To activate your e-SIM, please follow the instructions in the email.

Your handset must be connected to Wi-Fi to be able to activate it.

I will wait and update. Thanks

firediy
Conductor
1 Reply 681 Views

have activitaed now. 

have to contact the support and ask them to send a new QR code. 

very frustrating onboarding experience.

Melissaroseh98
Switched-on
0 Replies 657 Views

Any other options

i have tried this

agl messaging is slow, I have no access to my phone number or any of my apps due to this