Announcing eSim for AGL mobile plans

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1485 Views

As of May 2, we're pleased to announce the launch of eSim support on AGL mobile plans. This feature was requested in our Ideas area and supported by Neighbourhood users like @DGW , @GKW@House_Stark@idlezombie   and @siuol .

What is an eSIM?

An eSIM (embedded SIM) is the latest in SIM technology. It’s like a virtual SIM card that’s built into capable devices including mobile phones, tablets and smart watches. It means you don’t need a physical SIM card to use or activate a mobile plan. 

The benefits of an eSIM

• Fast activation
    No more waiting around for a physical SIM to arrive. Scan the QR code in your welcome email and follow the prompts to activate your eSIM. It’s that easy.
  • Two numbers. One phone.
    Depending on your phone’s capabilities, you can set up two numbers on one phone. Have one number for work and one for personal use and enjoy the flexibility.
  • Kinder to the planet
    eSIMs use less plastic and they don’t need to be delivered. Making them a more responsible choice with less impact on the planet.  

How do I get an eSIM?

All of our 4G and 5G mobile plans are available on an eSIM. At this stage, the only way to order an AGL plan on an eSIM is to contact us. 

Once you’ve made your order, you will receive a welcome email with details of how to set up your eSIM. You should receive your welcome email within 2 hours of your order.   

For more information check out Your Guide to eSIM at AGL

I have an idea I want AGL to implement!

We always love to hear feedback and ideas from our members on Neighbourhood. Head on over to our Ideas area to see what other members have requested, or to share an Idea of your own.

1 REPLY 1
Tucker
Dynamo
0 Replies 1431 Views

Nice one AGL. Having two phone numbers available is very convenient for work.