meter reader

Juzzytastic
Switched-on
1 Reply 767 Views

I would like to know if they still have meter readers who comes to read your meters?? I moved in to my rented property not long ago and i have the clock type meter reader. i alway have trouble reading those and i did apply for the digital meter but when they came out they said  that cause of the location of the meter reader they can't replace it and would cost about $1000 to relocate the meter box.  I normally pay monthly but like i said i alway have trouble reading the clock type meters.

1 REPLY 1
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 755 Views

Hello @Juzzytastic, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I am sorry to hear that you would have to have the meter relocated to upgrade to a smart meter and appreciate where you are coming from, the clock dial meters can be tricky to read. 

The technicians are scheduled to read the meter once every three months. 

When you are on monthly billing there will be two bills in between that will be estimated, once we receive the read from the technician that will bring your usage in line and amend your bill if we need to make any adjustments. 

If you would like to change your billing frequency to quarterly, please let us know and we can update this for you. 

I hope this helps! 

Kind Regard, 

Natalie