Unable to read meter due to a dog

jb4
Switched-on
2 Replies 610 Views

So i just got my bill that was an estimated bill reading , reason " presence of a dog". My dog is a 5kg maltese cross that is 14 years old is partially deaf and blind has arthritis and has no teeth, sleeps for 22 hrs a day roughly all i can say is WTF.

2 REPLIES 2
Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 599 Views

Maltese can be pretty aggressive / protective, got to admit.

My mum had several over the years.

That said, I know what you're saying, at my workshop (7 units, lock up yard), most daytime presence was minimal off and on, so numerous readings a year were estimated, and with that, one of the workshop units had a tenant with an old German Shepherd, very friendly, walked up to all who came wagging tail to say hello.

Because of those 2 issues, some years we might get just a couple of actual reads !!

Learned to call and give meter readings, send photo by email if they asked, but nowadays (as you still have an old analogue meter), you can go to your logged in usage page on the app and submit your own reading, anytime during a billing cycle.

megan_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 596 Views

Hi jb4,

We understand that getting an accurate bill is important and getting actual reads is ideal.

There is also a requirement for meter readers to be safe when reading your meters and each distributor has different requirements when it comes to safe access to the meter.

We would recommend finding this information on your distributors website, if you are unsure who your distributor is this is included on your AGL bill, alternatively you can visit https://www.aer.gov.au/consumers/understanding-energy/who-your-distributor.

Kind regards,

Megan