Over charged by Incorrect meter read

Nat14
Conductor
3 Replies 4021 Views

Hi there,

I just opened my latest bill today (3rd November 2023) and the meter reading is WRONG

Previous bills have been $150 - $200

Current bill $498  And we were overseas for half that billing time. 
I am on quarterly meter reads. 

Check your meters people, take a photo of the reading and send it to customereads@agl.com.au and also call AGL to get the bill adjusted. 

8 REPLIES 8
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4008 Views

Hello @Nat14, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and providing your feedback. 

I am sorry to hear that you had been overcharged due to an incorrect meter read.  

From time to time, we can be provided with the incorrect meter read from your distributor, however, we do have measure in place to adjust your bill accordingly. 

Can you please confirm if your bill has been adjusted? 

You can always submit your own meter reads via the AGL app or My Account

Kind Regards, 

Natalie

Nat14
Conductor
0 Replies 4007 Views

Yes the reading and invoice has been corrected. Thank you

michelleashton2
Switched-on
1 Reply 3910 Views

I git my electricity today, first bill in new house, July 23- Nov 23 and its 1200.00 we do have a pool and filter runs for 4hrs a day  but please, usually my previous bills were never over $600.

it's a big jump just because of a pool.

Nat14
Conductor
1 Reply 3904 Views

I’m sorry to hear that. I can only advise that you seek more information.

Was your bill based on an estimate?

Did it perhaps include new customer set up and connection fees?

Did you check that your meter reading charged on the bill looks correct compared to your actual meter. 

Was the time between previous owner and your occupation start date charged to you?

Are you on one rate all day or are you on peak and off peak rates. If you have peak/off peak, you might change what time of day you run the pool filter and shift more to off peak.
Otherwise maybe go into the Service NSW app on your phone and check out their forums find savings section for family rebates and also comparing electricity pricing info on what you should be paying and discuss that info with your electricity supplier.  Good luck.

michelleashton2
Switched-on
1 Reply 3900 Views

my bill says I have 4 meters, all different numbers and 2 solar meters that numbers didn't change

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3865 Views

Hi michelleashton2, We can certainly investigate further and provide clarification on the meter numbers listed on your bill. I will send you a private message shortly to discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh

Luke3679
Switched-on
1 Reply 3837 Views

My bill usually 141 now it 930 dollars I don’t even use a stove or a heater and I use a lamp not my lights and my hot water included in my rent 

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3800 Views

Hi Luke3679, I will send you a private message shortly to discuss this further. Cheers, Deepesh