Kayo - profile error

jinge6
Conductor
1 Reply 3336 Views

Hi All

I have an AGL 100MB internet plan with an eero wifi router. This week Kayo stopped working on my AppleTV. I tried to go to the Kayo support site on the internet via my laptop and the Kayo website wouldn't load. So I connect my laptop to my personal hotspot on my mobile phone and boom - the Kayo website loads. Then I create a guest wireless connection on the eero wifi router and I can login to Kayo. I also have a VPN service on my laptop so I turn that on a second test. Over my VPN service I can also get to the Kayo website.

So I contact Kayo and suggest that for some reason they might be blocking my internet connection as I can't load Kayo on the AppleTV or get to the website with my straight up internet connection.

Kayo support tells me to contact my internet provider because that's where the problem is. I can't see how it can be AGL internets problem when I can load netflix, paramount+, prime, youtube etc without issue on both my AppleTV and my laptop.

Anyone else had this issue or have advice on how to resolve?

James

7 REPLIES 7
Marty2
Semiconductor
1 Reply 3313 Views

I have the same issue across my devices (LG tv, phones, ps5 and a laptop). As soon as I change over to my phone’s hotspot Kayo works. Seems like this has only started over the last week. 

Marty

jinge6
Conductor
2 Replies 3291 Views

Hey Marty - thanks for replying. Good to know I'm not alone! The Kayo support just keeps telling me to restart my AppleTV.

So I've done some more diving into what's happening. 

Below is an extract of what happens when I ping help.kayosports.com.au over my internet connection and with my VPN enabled. When I enable the VPN I can access the Kayo website because I get a response from the web server. When it is my straight internet connection. the request times out. Details below - but you can see the Akamai edge service is showing up in there. Akamai is one of these services that helps protect online companies from dodgy spammers etc. https://community.akamai.com/customers/s/article/Why-is-Akamai-blocking-me?language=en_US

I think Akamai is flagged the IP range we have been allocated by AGL internet as dodgy - and we are being blocked.

You can find out what your IP is by going to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ 
My IP starts with 202.7.247.xxx

Akamai has an IP reputation lookup but of course it is erroring out at the moment! https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/ The error message says if it is error contact the community. I am trying to join their community forum so I can ask why the lookup is failing.

Ping test details... With VPN

jamesinge@Jamess-MacBook-Air ~ % ping help.kayosports.com.au                 

PING e11780.dsca.akamaiedge.net (23.49.101.187): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 23.49.101.187: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=119.552 ms

64 bytes from 23.49.101.187: icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=120.952 ms

64 bytes from 23.49.101.187: icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=123.275 ms

64 bytes from 23.49.101.187: icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=122.955 ms

^C

Without VPN...

jamesinge@Jamess-MacBook-Air ~ % ping help.kayosports.com.au

PING e11780.dsca.akamaiedge.net (23.215.137.205): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

Request timeout for icmp_seq 4

Request timeout for icmp_seq 5

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3281 Views

Hi @jinge6 Thank you for reaching out to us and looking into this yourself.
We would love to be able to look into this and help further so you can enjoy watching Kayo on your apple TV.
If you can please give us a call on 131 245, we will be able to look into this and resolve the issue for you.
Thank you, Sheena

AGL Telecommunications

Marty2
Semiconductor
2 Replies 3270 Views

Hi James,

Interesting findings. I had some other issues with random sites not loading. Spoke to support last night who had to changed my public IP. Everything worked until this morning where I couldn’t access sites again, including google. Once again they changed my IP.  Haven’t had any issues since. I also have family members at different locations experiencing similar issues. 

I had a quick look at the IP addresses assigned against a dns block tool and there were a couple blocking access, not sure if this is part of the issue but might make sense with what you found.

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3240 Views

Hi @Marty2 
I want to apologize that you are not able to load certain websites again after we have made changes to the public IP.
If you can please call us on 131 245, we will be able to assist further with this and see what we can do to resolve this for you.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

jinge6
Conductor
0 Replies 3225 Views

Hi,

Spoke to the AGL tech support and they got this sorted for me. I had to put customised DNS settings in my WIFI router and it worked.

IPv4 Primary set 8.8.8.8

IPv4 secondary set to 8.8.4.4

James

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3216 Views

Hi @jinge6 
So glad to hear the service have been resolved for you.
If you have any feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications