Internet outage - NSW

markkong
Conductor
9 Replies 7194 Views

Hi All,

Has anyone from NSW facing Internet outage since yesterday 03 March 2024? I am still has no internet connection.

I was told by AGL Internet Tech support that there is an issue with NBN.

Thank you,

Mark

22 REPLIES 22
amac
Conductor
0 Replies 2327 Views
Sent from my iPhone
MartinC
Switched-on
2 Replies 2321 Views

Same thing happening to me in Randwick. Was ASSURED last night it would be fixed by today. 

amac
Conductor
0 Replies 2316 Views
I think someone is telling lies

Sent from my iPhone
markkong
Conductor
1 Reply 2316 Views

Hi all,

NBN engineer came and confirmed it is not NBN issue.

I rang back AGL and asked to speak with their escalation team or expert team. I am now told that the issue is not with NBN or my modem. The issue is with their system which Failing to authenticate! 

I suggest that if you have issue to speak with the escalation/expert team! The more escalations, the quicker their response will be. Pls do insist of talking to them. 

amac
Conductor
0 Replies 2315 Views
I have spoken to them 3 times you were lucky that NBN came out they wouldn’t come to my place because they knew it is not their problem I am changing providers

Sent from my iPhone
Eddie0803
Switched-on
0 Replies 2281 Views

I recently moved from one Western Sydney suburb to another, and initially thought the activation didn't successfully go through due to my own NBN Meter Box issue. As it turned out, AGL Internet Tech Support took me through various troubleshooting steps just to conclude that THEY WERE AWARE of multiple escalations regarding internet outage from the 2nd of March in NSW. They have no ETA although they are working in the background. 

Surprisingly, there are no offical comms or emails to customers mentioning AGL is aware of the issue.

MSmith
Switched-on
1 Reply 2277 Views

Called again Wednesday afternoon, spoke to Mukesh who was very helpful 

Went through my router settings as I had reset them trying to get it working

I went out for a few hours and when I got home about 9pm the connection was restored - was much faster as well 

markkong
Conductor
1 Reply 2186 Views

Hi All,

I quick update on my situation.

After escalation, I finally managed to get a call back from AGL Network engineer.

I spoken to them today around 12.45pm and managed to get the internet working. However, 5 minutes after we hang up, the INTERNET is DOWN again! 

I rang back the tech support (unfortunately no direct call to their Network team), I was told that they are aware of the server issues. Therefore this to me ruled out NBN issue.

I also have lodged an official complaint so that they have it on my file. Need to clarify, my complaint is not on their tech guys as I understand they have to follow the internal process...the major issue are the way they handled the whole situation and the communications. 

Anyhow....Saga still continue....this is my 6th days without internet!

amac
Conductor
0 Replies 2184 Views
I am surprised that it hasn’t made the news I fixed my internet problem I have switched to Aussie Broadband and had internet within the hour faster and the same price in the process of switching phones over now then electricity

Sent from my iPhone
RayrayT
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2175 Views

Yes terrible internet. I only switched to agl a couple of weeks ago and literally every day there is an issue. At weekends no way to get help. And after 40 minutes on phone yesterday I got through to some ridiculously rude overseas woman who said they knew there were problems and I just had to put up with it. No conciliation. No offer of credit. No idea when it would be fixed. 
Then I see on this forum people have been complaining since 2022!

Pull your finger out agl. Zero for service and zero for customer service.