Still no internet after a week.

manmachine78
Conductor
2 Replies 2315 Views

Could a moderator please help me with the above problem. I have moved into my new home with a BYO modem

TP-Link Archer VR1600v.

After plugging the cable into the wall socket and doing all the other required setup, there is no internet/dsl lights lighting up.

I need help as paying Optus $5 per day for unlimited data is going to cost me $150/month on top of the amount I have to pay AGL for the internet that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12
AGLZAC
AGL Moderator
3 Replies 1753 Views

Hi @manmachine78 

Sorry to hear you are having an issue getting your NBN connected.

I am going to privately message you to help resolve this issue.

Thank you. 

manmachine78
Conductor
0 Replies 1734 Views

I have replied to your PM.. that was about 24 hours ago, still no response.

manmachine78
Conductor
0 Replies 1707 Views

I have replied to your PM.. that was about 48 hours ago, still no response.

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1683 Views

@manmachine78 @AGLZAC 

Hi this is what happens when you engage a non communications company in a communication service, then add the fact that AGL now uses overseas persons for their level one help desk and then expect them to liaison with another help desk.

I presume you got your username / password etc and added this to your router.

Did you look at the logs to see if your router was trying to communicate with the next down stream device and any other  issues.

I see that it is stated that IT MAY TAKE UP TO 15 MINS for the modem to connect to the NBN.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
manmachine78
Conductor
1 Reply 1672 Views

Yes, I have added the username/ password etc...

I will have a look at the logs and see if anything makes sense.

Thanks

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1643 Views

@manmachine78 

No response from AGL as well, I note, also and now a weekend.

Is getting FREE Net Flix  worth changing providers for.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
manmachine78
Conductor
2 Replies 1631 Views

I responded to your Private Message, day 5 and you still haven't responded.

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1627 Views

@manmachine78 @AGLZAC 

Unknown person @manmachine78 

Notice that I address you by your supplied name and also the unknown RUDE AGL person.

It is obvious to me that you are really quite happy paying OPTUS an extra $5 a day.

HAVE YOU TRIED RINGING AGL, I could email the (temporary) supervisor but it appears you are happy not having the internet.

I don't work for AGL (and never have) but have been on these pages for many years.

I do put a note at the bottom of my posts asking for you to respect my replies, which you don't.

So I will refrain from helping you in any way, you seem to be the type of person who slams the door when someone is behind you is in a wheelchair.

Cheers Neil

Dredd
Conductor
0 Replies 1616 Views

The person in the wheelchair seems just as useless as AGLs technical support. *slams door*