Cancel my Internet plan

Sewoong
Switched-on
2 Replies 2905 Views
[Personal details removed]

This is the first time in my life, I am writing something like this. Circumstances have left me no choice as it is taking a huge toll on my mental health.

I moved to a new house last week and being a first time customer signed up with AGL Electricity and Internet plan. Although, Electricity is working fine in my house, I am still not getting internet connection. 

To resolve this issue, I have tried calling the AGL internet team multiple times (i.e within 8am to 6pm). But every time I call, my call gets put on hold and I am never able to speak with anyone. There have been instances where I almost had to wait for an hour as well ! 

Could someone from AGL please do me a favor and cancel my Internet plan? I don't want to get charged for something I haven't even used!
3 REPLIES 3
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2903 Views

Hi @Sewoong , sorry to hear you've experienced some long wait times trying to reach us on the phone!

If you just need to cancel your service, there's no need to wait on hold. Just grab the AGL app or log in to your My Account page and send us a message to let the team know you want to cancel. It's not live chat so you don't need to wait around for a reply. Just check back later or wait until you receive a notification from the app.

By the way, this is a public community so I've removed your personal details from your post for your security.

mmmwus
Conductor
1 Reply 1413 Views

I’ve open an NBN account few days ago. However, I need to cancel my account after family discussion.

I have tried all the channel provided (online message/chat, call the hotline). Unfortunately, I have been told online to call up. I called this morning, a AGL l staff told me it’s been closed. 

since then, the account is still shown on my app and online account. Further, I have not received any notification email to confirm it’s been cancelled. 

it seems there is no way to cancel once you join a plan with AGL. 

could you please help me to solve this cancellation issue so as to avoid charging me for nothing.

AGLZAC
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1399 Views

Hi @mmmwus 

I will privately message you to assist you.