Credit to Remain in AGL account please & not refunded.

John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 6563 Views

Good Evening, 

I would like to know if their is a regulation that requires AGL to send back a cheque every year.

I am only asking this question as I do not wish for any refund but have noted that others are getting refunds.

1st: Since signing up to AGL last year, I have always prepaid both my Electricity & Gas accounts.

2nd: I always have permanent credit floats in various accounts IE: Internet, Water, etc etc.

3rd: I do not want any form of refund as the funds will eventually get used remembering I put the additional money there in the first place for peace of mind.

Can this be organised ? 

Kind Regards

John 

4 REPLIES 4
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 6558 Views

Hi @John-T ,

I believe this depends on how the credit came to be on your account - different terms apply to solar credits than to credits arising from overpayment. If a customer has chosen to receive refunds but no other payment arrangement has set up, that's when AGL will send a check. Take a look at the Solar Refund Terms & Conditions, particularly clause 3. 

So even if they are solar credits, you can request to to leave them on your account to pay future bills.

John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 6552 Views

@David_AGL 

Excellent, Thank you for that.

What I have in my AGL account is what I have put in ( over paid ) but I did get an approx $11 Solar Credit last bill.

Thanks for the clarification I will follow it up with the team over the phone to ensure that clause 3 sub C is in effect.

Kind Regards

John 

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 6533 Views

Hi @John-T,

I can certainly help to opt you out of automated solar refunds. If you haven't organised this already, please feel free to contact me via private message, so I can assist you further.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

John-T
Powerhouse
0 Replies 6487 Views

@-Olgi- 

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

John