Bill adjustments

Richard48
Semiconductor
1 Reply 365 Views

I received an email  from AGL on 15/4 advising an adjustment for usage of $129.99. I rang the customer contact number 131245 on 16/4 and asked for details of the reason for the adjustment and calculations. I recd a response on 17/4  which does not answer my request. I have now recd the latest bill which shows adjustments spanning 8 months and totaling $366.79. 

Today I have used the online help portal and again requested full and detailed explanation of the actual reason for the adjustments and the supporting calculations. The note on the bills offers only several possible explanations and no supporting information.  

The online portal has referred me back to the 131 245 number and states "As per the notes on your account. 
We have been asked to advise you that meter is being investigated and will be upgraded, found to have major faults
if it does have faults then bills will be revisited and re adjusted as well. I would request you to please reach out to our calling team at 131 245, as only they can give you more information regarding this."

It is interesting to note the information in the following link. 

https://www.aer.gov.au/news/articles/news-releases/aer-takes-action-against-agl-not-promptly-fixing-...

Has anyone else had similar problems?

5 REPLIES 5
Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 350 Views

Hi Richard48, Thanks for reaching out. Billing adjustments do occur from time to time due to various reasons. However, it is our responsibility to explain to you why the adjustment has occurred. Apologies, that this has not been the same in your experience. I will reach out to you privately to get some details so I can look further into it. Cheers, Deepesh

Richard48
Semiconductor
1 Reply 52 Views

Deepesh 

I have heard nothing further since my response to you.  Could you please advise accordingly.

Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 21 Views

Hi Richard, apologies for the delayed response from our team - I will follow this up with your privately.

Kind regards,
Xander

Richard48
Semiconductor
1 Reply 18 Views

The request from Deepesh was a request for information to confirm my identity which I did - result - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  Same request from Xander.  It remains to be seen whether Xander can do better.

spaceboy-_-
Switched-on
0 Replies 7 Views

Good luck! It’s like they listen, they say the understand and then they do nothing!! I have been trying to get a bill corrected since February. The end reading on the previous bill is higher than the start reading on the bill in question and the end reading is also lower than the end reading on the previous bill. This in effect means we are paying twice!! They agree and say they will fix it but do nothing!! 
Can I suggest everyone look at the end reading of their previous bill and confirm that the start reading on their next bill is the same number, otherwise you will be paying extra…