Seniors Saver Plan

RJB
Switched-on
2 Replies 2446 Views

Why am I unable to find any reference to the Seniors Saver plan rates when looking to compare plans on the AGL site?

My last electricity account suggested I could save money by switching from my current AGL Solar Savers plan, but I want to see the details. Calling the 131 245 number only resulted in me being texted a link to compare plan rates but that didn't seem to include any reference to Seniors Saver.

Frustrating... especially given the number of other more compelling competitor plans being thrown around at the moment. 

Also, are the AGL rates changing from July?

Thanks

RJB

12 REPLIES 12
Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 2162 Views

HI RJB, Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. I will send you a private message shortly to discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh

Ghird
Switched-on
0 Replies 1943 Views

Please message me the details as well as I also find any reference even though it’s mentioned on the bill I received today 

Wol
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1887 Views

Me too - nothing. Deliberate?

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1880 Views

There's nothing overly special about the Seniors plan, was on it briefly before going solar.

It is same as Value Saver plan rates (at least when I went to it last Nov), but you get a ONE OF $25 credit when you change to it.

Yes, odd it's not on there as a plan option, the current Value Saver offers $100 when signing up to a new electricity account, it's not like the Seniors single rebate is a game changer.

AGL also don't list the EV Night Saver plan / rates on their site as an option when you search up plans, only visible if you look for it via the EV section of their website.

maryB
Switched-on
2 Replies 1534 Views

Please supply the details of the senior savers plan - can't find it on the website.

Reviewing my AGL bundle (electricity/gas/NBN) and looking for a better deal

thanks

mary

jm8
Switched-on
0 Replies 1511 Views

yes please supply details of seniors savers on website so plans can be compared. Like others who have posted I have had an agl communication indicating it is "required "tby energy regulator to let me know the seniors saver plan may be cheaper. Surely AGL is also required to provide details on their website.? thanks

Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1510 Views

https://www.agl.com.au/residential/energy/compare-plans/energy-offer?webid=SENIORS 

Enter your address to get your state / specific meter tariffs.

Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1487 Views

Just did a check on my location (metro Adelaide SA) and found that it's the same for me for TOU tariffs here in comparison as it was when I investigated the plans last year.

Senior Savers here is same as Value Saver plan, but NOW instead of the $25 one of rebate I get back then, it's $125 one of for changing to the Seniors plan.

Once the rebate of $125 is applied to a new Seniors plan, that's it, the charges are same as Value Savers.

Solar Savers has a slightly higher supply charge and TOU charges in comparison.

I don't know how they compare on a single rate tariff as it's not an option for me to check with my address, but I think it will be the same for Value Savers and Senior Savers.

(Obviously if anyone is considering Solar Savers, they will likely be on TOU metering.)

jm8
Switched-on
2 Replies 1474 Views

thanks Lester

I think the one off $125 for going on  senior savers plan might only apply to new AGL customers. ?

I am in nsw and havent compared rates recently. But as with you last time i did it they were very similar on the two plans for electricity. If you have an off peak electric HWS then the single tarrif rate maybe disadvantageous depending on your usage.

from agl website:

"That’s a $125 credit for electricity and a $25 credit for gas on your first bill with AGL Seniors Saver. Or get $25 per fuel if you’re already with us." 

good luck 

cheers