EV overnight plan at 8c KwH is now showing on the app as 30c KwH

StephenS
Semiconductor
1 Reply 706 Views

Hi team.

I have an EV and have charged overnight successfully with the 8c tariff being used on the app between midnight and 6am.  Very recently, it is now charging (starting for me 1st August) 29 or 30c per hour.

I called AGL and spoke to somebody who told me he would ring me back/email but this has not happened.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I live in QLD.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 701 Views

Go here and check the latest AGL EV rates.

https://www.agl.com.au/residential/energy/compare-plans/energy-offer?webid=EVPLAN 

You need to type in your address to get local rates.

But just checked, my EV plan is the same both on the 'view plan rates' on the app overview page, and when I go to the link above and type in my address, 8c is showing on both.

StephenS
Semiconductor
1 Reply 697 Views

Hi.  I just checked.  I have the same rates on view plan rates and app, but the app and the online stats usage are showing not 8c.

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 692 Views

Hi StephenS, I'll send you a private message shortly to discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh

StephenS
Semiconductor
1 Reply 690 Views

Hi.

Examples.

Dates: Thursday 1st August - 1-4am not charged 8c kWh more like 30c

Dates: Sunday 2nd June - 2-4am charged 8c But 4:30/5am charged 11c?

There are many other cases where I am not charged the 8c but additional.

Regards,

Stephen

Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 675 Views

Ah, ok, just went to usage and daily stats, seems my usage into the property is being charged at 8c.

Not charging an EV though, just general power coming in running during idle night use on the main meter, and a couple of HWS minor blips kicking in on CL, when those 2 hourly blocks shows 18c / kwh use, so that's averaged between CL off peak rate and EV rate use.

The non CL use blocks show 8c cost though.

Do you have any CL or secondary meter use that could be contributing to a higher tariff at EV rate times, or is it every hourly block on the 000 - 0600 usage charging varying amounts like 11c / 30c ??

It seems like it might be similar to my usage split between the 2 meters.

StephenS
Semiconductor
1 Reply 673 Views

Hi.

"Not charging an EV though, just general power coming in running during idle night use on the main meter, and a couple of HWS minor blips" - This would be correct.  I do not have the EV Charger on any special tarrif in terms of the meter.  Just the 8c between 0000-0600 as per current AGL plan.

If you look back in time between 0000-0600 it blips over the 8c every now and then e.g. might go to 11c or 13c but recently 30c etc. as described.

I live in a duplex which consists of 2 meters - one for each property and each property has its own switch box.

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 670 Views

"I do not have the EV Charger on any special tarrif in terms of the meter.  Just the 8c between 0000-0600 as per current AGL plan."

Yes, that's how it works, all power (except metered separately) between the EV tariff 6 hours goes through the regular meter, and being a smart meter charges that at the 8c.

So if you are getting higher charges in some of those hourly blocks, you are either on a CL meter (which could be separate, or it's possible that some smart meters that can work through the same meter (??), not sure about that . . .

AND / OR something else is causing this change in use.

As it's a recent change for the worse, it's either a malfunctioning CL item (HWS leaking etc), or something might have changed in the metering between the other duplex.

It's possible a meter might be malfunctioning, but it's rare.

Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it without too much trouble / delay.