Change of power plan without consent

millerpetej
Switched-on
2 Replies 331 Views

I've been directed here to share my complaint on a change to time of day billing which I was not given prior notice which considerably increased my rates. Upon radical change to power usage, our family had begun to adjust to this type of billing. Several weeks later I received another message that the original change was in error. After changing to the appropriate plan, I found that we were actually spending less and am now suspicious that AGL saw this so they automatically changes us back to flat price billing. The difference is in the region of 10%

I have no idea what rate I am now being charged, my AGL app has not been updated in weeks now. Even the data I can see previously does not reconcile to my calculated charges when downloading data from AGL. Is the app data not representative of actual costs? When comparing to actual last complete bill the rates reconcile perfectly.

I am very suspicious of this behaviour by such a large company.

2 REPLIES 2
Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 307 Views

Hi millerpetej, I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. I'll send you a private message shortly so we can discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh

ozbestdeal
Semiconductor
0 Replies 132 Views

Hi, did you get any resolution with this?

This happened to me as well since I joined AGL last June.

I joined under flat rate (which I preferred), then they change it to ToU without my consent, then they change it back to flat rate and saying that it's a mistake.

Currently my account is "under review" again without my consent. They keep blaming Ausgrid making changes in their policy, which doesn't make sense. Friend of mine is on Ausgrid with AGL flat rate, and they never "review" his account.

Very frustrating as we need to keep adjusting our usage to accommodate rate changes.