Cancellation

JJ10
Switched-on
3 Replies 445 Views

Energy and Gas Disconnection Request

I am writing to formally lodge a complaint regarding the handling of my recent request to cancel my energy and gas services.

Approximately two weeks before vacating my apartment, I initiated an online chat with your customer service team to cancel my energy and gas services. During the chat, I was assured that everything was in order and that my services would be disconnected as requested.

After moving out, I followed up via the online chat to inquire about when I would receive my final bill. I was informed that I should expect it in about three weeks. However, upon receiving the bill, I was shocked to find that I had been charged for energy and gas usage up until the end of my billing cycle, well beyond the date I vacated the property.

I promptly contacted customer service via chat to understand why I was being billed for a period during which I was not occupying the property. To my surprise, I was told that my energy and gas services had not been disconnected, and further, that there was no record of my prior chat requesting the disconnection.

I then called your customer service line and was informed that there was no chat history available to verify my request. As a result, I have been charged for an entire month of energy and gas that I did not use.

This situation is extremely frustrating, and I find it unacceptable that I am being held responsible for charges that should not have occurred. Despite my proactive steps to ensure the disconnection of services, it appears that a failure on your end has led to these unwarranted charges.

I request an immediate review of my account and a refund for the charges incurred after my move-out date. I also ask that you improve your customer service processes to ensure that requests made via online chat are properly logged and honored.

I look forward to your prompt resolution of this matter.

4 REPLIES 4
Scottie68
Conductor
0 Replies 422 Views

Hi,

I feel your pain. Things are never easy. I would call AGL and ask to speak with the Resolutions Department. Don’t be fobbed off.  Contact the Ombudsman if you have no luck with AGL directly. 
Good luck!

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 411 Views

@JJ10 @Scottie68 

Do you both realise that this site is basically a blog.

It is monitored by AGL but no guarantee that an AGL rep will answer.

https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/contact-us

Click on that link and either use message us from your account or call us.

Unless you have a smart meter I would suggest to everyone that you should read your meter(s) at the time you actually leave the premises.

The other thing is that when you have an online chat you have the opportunity to save a copy of the chat. I would suggest that you remember to do this.

I have not seen any business that does not offer the chance to do this in the last few years.

I would also like you to LIKE this as I have taken the time to respond to your postings.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
Scottie68
Conductor
0 Replies 409 Views

Yup, fully aware that this is a blog. And an AGL rep has reached out to me in the past. So you never know….

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 344 Views

Hi JJ10, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the disconnection process. I will send you a private message shortly to discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh