Billing Charges

HYL
Switched-on
1 Reply 129 Views

Cost for current bill is more than double than all of my previous bills. Are the below charges normal? 2 lines of 'General usage' and 2 lines of 'General usage next'. All of my previous bill only had 1 line of 'General usage' and 'General usage next'.aglcharges.png

Thanks,

HYL

1 REPLY 1
Marlene495Hadle
Switched-on
0 Replies 89 Views

Hello!

It sounds like there might be a change in how your usage is being calculated or displayed on your bill. Typically, “General usage” and “General usage next” lines indicate different tiers or thresholds of usage, with the first tier usually charged at a higher rate and the next tier at a lower rate once you exceed a certain amount of usage. Seeing two lines for each category might suggest that your billing period has been split or that there are additional charges or adjustments applied. To understand the charges better, compare your overall usage with previous bills to see if it has increased, ensure the billing period is the same as previous bills, verify if there have been any changes in the rates or tariffs applied to your usage, and consider reaching out to your utility provider’s customer service for a detailed explanation of the charges. If you provide more details or a copy of the bill (with personal information redacted), I can help you analyze it further.