V2H smart charging trial update?

Stephen2Aus
Transformer
3 Replies 8372 Views

We all know the chargers are almost here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2022-02-14/electric-vehicle-first-ev-chargers-v2g-v2h-to-arrive-...

But we haven't heard from an AGL representative on this forum for a long time.

@liam1where are you? @David_AGL can you perhaps give us an update on this AGL program?

14 REPLIES 14
MikeP
Transformer
1 Reply 2203 Views
Thanks @Andy_AGL,
Do you know what AGL's position is on installing the Jet Charger product as is for domestic V2H (not grid) installation? 
Andy_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2118 Views

Hi @MikeP - as a retailer AGL doesn't have much of a say on what you install in your own home, so if you can get your hands on one through JetCharge its more of a discussion to have between your electrician and local distribution network.

If you do end up getting one installed for V2H we'd love to hear about your experience with it in here!

MikeP
Transformer
0 Replies 1603 Views

Sad news, Quasar 1 production suspended. Quasar 2 first release projected to be end of year. No confirmed Australian approval for V2H/V2G other than SA.

News V2G Wallbox Quasar news release from Jet 

waynet
Switched-on
1 Reply 1505 Views

Any updates on the start of the trial, the cost of the V2H charger, the availability of chargers and Clean Energy Councill approval for them? I am getting a new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross PHEV in 8 weeks time.

MikeP
Transformer
0 Replies 1499 Views
Hi Waynet, thanks for your post. I too have a 2021 Outlander PHEV I'm
wanting to set up bi-directional charging for. I understand the trial has
finished and was only for BEVs unfortunately. Good luck with the new
Eclipse Cross. Good bones in a new form factor.