Setting up Direct Debit on Mobile Doesnt Work

FrozenFlames
Switched-on
1 Reply 59 Views

I just wanted someone at AGL to know that there is an issue with the mobile version of their app/webiste.

I had a direct debit that was working, then the card expired.

I tried setting up a new direct debit but it came up with an error each time. I phoned the company and they tried to help by sending me to the page I was already using. This did not help. Over multiple phone calls, over multiple months, they would just keep sending me to a robot to pay the current bill and wouldnt help me set up the direct debit. 

I found that the issue I had was in relation to the mobile version of the website. When trying to set up a Direct Debit, the mobile site does not request a CVC for the card details. I tried scrolling sideways and zooming out on the phone but the CVC was nowhere to be found. My phone is a Google Pixel 7 and is up to date. I then set it up using the computer, which I had not booted in forever. 

This took me three months to figure out as their phone team couldnt help with the issue and kept making me make a payment. This resulted in a $10 late fee. 

If there is someone at AGL who needs further information, you are welcome to contact me. I dont want anyone else to end up with late fees or anything because they thought they had set up a direct debit when it wasnt working. 

1 REPLY 1
Basil_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 53 Views

Hey @FrozenFlames, thanks for sharing!

I've spoken with the Mobile team to confirm that when setting up your direct debit through your mobile, you don't need to add your CVC/CVN number,

Mob2.png

That is only required when making an ad-hoc payment. 

Mob1.jfif

If this was not case for you, my suggestion would be to go through the virtual assistant which you can do so here: https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/contact-us..

Thanks, 

Basil