What's New for the AGL App - July 2020 - Push Notifications

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 5020 Views

Push Notifications: Get notified, for what you want, when you need it

notifications.jpg

You no longer need to go into the app to find out when your bill is due, which day you need to submit a meter read, or if you've received a response to your message. We'll send you a notification on your phone so you can get on with life.

You can now receive notifications for:

• Pre-Due Bill Notifications: reminding you about an upcoming due bill
  • Self-Service Meter Read Notifications: reducing bill shock by encouraging you to submit a meter read to stay on top of your usage (not required with smart meters)
  • Messaging Reply Notifications: letting you know when an agent has replied to your message.

As important as it is to enable push notifications, the app team have also ensured you can turn them off.  You can now manage your notification preferences in the app to suit your needs.

See for yourself and download the app today!

4 REPLIES 4
AJP001
Superconductor
2 Replies 4311 Views
  • Self-Service Meter Read Notifications: reducing bill shock by encouraging you to submit a meter read to stay on top of your usage (applicable to smart meters only)

Shouldn't that read "not applicable to smart meters", or "applicable to analogue meters only"

AJP001
Superconductor
0 Replies 4308 Views

Verification by sms and email code...

The time that the email takes to get through for verification after the sms code is first send and then a second email code verification code takes so long that you are only left with a few seconds to hurriedly enter the code.

It feels a bit like overkill to me also that I have to check my phone and then also check my email within the app.   It has asked me to do this on a few occasions now on the same device.  Other apps ask you to verify using the device metrics or a sms code.  My like for the app is waning with the amount of checks.  

If this was a single instance on installation followed by the occasional sms check that wouldn't seem intrusive.   I believe that the AGL app is now becoming inaccessible to people with reduced dexterity or those with slower internet connections. 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 4302 Views

You're absolutely correct, @AJP001 , self-service meter reads are not applicable to smart meters. Thanks for pointing that out. 

When are you being prompted to enter a sms or email code?

AJP001
Superconductor
0 Replies 4298 Views

When are you being prompted to enter a sms or email code?...

I am unsure at the moment what triggered it, but is asked for both SMS and then email.  It might be an app verification timeout thing unsure.   It is with the iOS app on the iPhone and iPad. 

Looking back through my messages it happened twice yesterday and then a couple of days ago as well as earlier in the month.

I just tried to do everything I could on the app and nothing triggered it, it happened earlier today within the iPhone app.  I will definitely take note of what I am doing when it next happens and report back.