SOLAR USERS: whats one thing you wish you knew before you went solar?

thunter
Conductor
5 Replies 5083 Views

So after seeing our absolutely ridiculous last power bill we're ready to bite the bullet and go solar (late to the party I know)... doing my homework now

Seems like there's a few solar fans on here so I'm just wondering... what is one thing you wish you had known BEFORE you got solar for the first time?

12 REPLIES 12
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 790 Views

@John-T @thunter 

I got an extra two years on my inverter by registering it online within a month (was done about 30 mins after the installer left).

Sent you a PM as well.

Tesla does not appear as a Supplier or Retailer but works in partnership with Energy Locals to supply cheaper power.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
PhilBest313
Switched-on
1 Reply 776 Views

It is important to understand that when the panels get hot that their electricity power decreases.

I use this analogy example: If you could imagine on a hot day that the UV forces you to go from the middle of a cricket match pitch to the change rooms to apply sunscreen, when you return to the centre you use and lose energy. However if you were closer to the change rooms, it is easier to return.

Electrons on a solar panel are similar in that their orbit radius is greater in hot conditions so after they get knocked out by UV, when they return they do not spend as much energy (which is converted to electricity).

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 771 Views

@PhilBest313 

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the input but the guise of your post it is far to left of the question.

The idea of this posting is to make people aware of  possible pitfalls in purchasing a solar system.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.