I need help in Activation

Kimberkopper
Conductor
2 Replies 1090 Views

I just want to know that I am just called AGL last week requesting when the transition from the old energy provider to AGL would occur, as I had just recently installed solar panels. The Service Officer advised by the end of the month. Today I called only to find that AGL is our new energy provider. Needless to say, I was then advised that I would need to organise the Solar Activation. How unfortunate for me, that the several officers in question and AGL, ommitted to advise me that I would need to do this. I had my hesitation about joining AGL, I do hope this does not become their trademark. How much would it have cost to send an email advising, " Hi welcome to AGL, things to do as one of our valued customers.....blah blah blah...."..... courtesy is a sign of times past! Tell Culvers

2 REPLIES 2
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1086 Views

@Kimberkopper 

Bit confused here, "The Service Officer advised by the end of the month" today is the 8th Feb, the end of the month is the 28th.

You also stated "just called AGL last week requesting when the transition from the old energy provider to AGL would occur"

Now "Today I called only to find that AGL is our new energy provider."

So lets ignore all the above and get to now.

Now in changing plans, there is a cooling off period from when you request the change to when your old provider informs the new provider that you wish to move.

You meter will then be read, your old provider will then send you a Final Bill. They will also inform your new provider that you have completed with them.

Your new provider has to inform your Supplier (the company that supplies you the Electricity via the Poles etc) that you are a new customer.

You must have a Smart meter as you have just installed Solar other wise your install of your solar cannot be completed until the meter is installed and the necessary certificate supplied by the installer to your supplier.

You then state "I was then advised that I would need to organise the Solar Activation" as I stated above your installer is supposed to supply the necessary certification.

Contact your installer and ask them if they have completed their certification!

In the meantime you have to wait until all due processes have completed, which I believe you have been told will be at the end of the month.

This is a process that all Retailers and Suppliers follow, so the issue seems to be possibly, that your installer has not followed due process.

Do you have a copy of your SEG Licence? As you may be  asked for this from your Supplier before any action is taken.

However, in the meantime you will more than likely be supplied with electricity.

You will really know there is an issue, when the power gets turned off.

Let us know how you fare in this matter.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1080 Views

Hi @Kimberkopper,

Thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear there was miscommunication in being advised about the transfer to AGL being completed. 

To get your solar meter configuration done, if you haven't done so already, you will need to speak to our Solar New Connections team so they can organise meter reconfiguration for you. Their number is 1800 680 430 and they're available Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 6.00pm (AEST).

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-