system and water

Jasoncintro
Switched-on
3 Replies 3117 Views

Hello,

I am on an AGL plan with CL1 and CL2 and have recently installed solar which is currently making a healthy 45kwh+/day but of course now that I can see our usage in real time through the AGL app, 70% of our energy usage is 7-9pm! I am wondering about our hot water (two separate tanks) - I had always assumed that it was on CL overnight yet the smart meter shows me we have essentially no energy usage overnight. How can I tell what the timing is on my hot water? There are no obvious timers on the fuse box. Any thoughts appreciated!

Thanks for that.

3 REPLIES 3
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3108 Views

Hi @Jasoncintro,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood! Controlled Load hours are determined by your Distributor. Depending on the Distributor and whether you have Controlled Load 1 or 2, will determined how long your supply is available and when it's available. Best way to work out hours is to check when your usage is occuring for your Controlled Load register in your metering data. You can also contact your Distributor and they can advise you what hours your supply is currently available. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 3065 Views

@Jasoncintro @-Olgi- 

Hi,

Your bill should show you all of your meter usage.

You can also look at your downloadable data file and see what meters you are being monitored for.

NeilC_1-1674087417069.png

Now if you have only just added solar got to the bottom of the file to see you current meters (the file may contain data for up to the last two years) I have picked a couple of days ago.

You can see I have Solar, SeasonTimeofUse and ControlledLoadTou.

Tuesday must have been overcast as you can see I Produced Solar but also use Seasonal between 11:30 and 11:59.

If you are using controlled just scroll through a recent night and see what you are using.

Alternatively you can simply log onto your  Account.

Click on your username

Select Account settings

Click on Property and Plans

Click on view to see your plan and pricing.

If you see controlled load then you meter is configured for controlled load.

If this helps please click the like button to show your appreciation.

Cheers Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 3029 Views

@Jasoncintro 

One other thought, if you are in Qld.

You could move to Northern NSW and from 7 to 9 you would still be producing solar in Summer.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.