Slow performance with Huawei modem

Kazza69
Conductor
1 Reply 2600 Views

I was left waiting on my phone for over 50 minutes on the call centre line and just after 6.30pm I gave up. I thought the number was 24/7 ???? And at the moment I’m waiting on the phone for 30 minutes. If it isn’t 24/7 then when you call this number it needs to say that.  Also,technical support for internet is awful and distressing and they don’t seem to want to help and it’s like I don’t matter as they don’t return my call as promised the next day,It has made me regret changing my internet provider. This has been my worst experience ever with a provider.

7 REPLIES 7
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 2589 Views

@Kazza69 I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating time getting hold of technical support. We're dealing with high contact volumes and wait times at the moment, and unfortunately our Internet and Mobile support centres are not 24/7. We're in the process of updating our Help and Contact pages to make this clearer. What's the issue you're experiencing with your internet?

Kazza69
Conductor
1 Reply 2583 Views

Hi David,thank you for replying 😊 I am using the modem from my previous supplier which is a Huawei. It has connected but the download speed is very low so I was asked by tech support to sign into the modem so they could check what setting it had connected to. At first I couldn’t get in using the 192.168.1.1 but when I changed the wifi to 5G on my devices I was able to connect with the modem and get into it to see how it had connected. I was told it had to be the ADSL frequency but that was showing up as disconnected and it was connected under INTERNET_TR069_ETH. There was a INTERNET_TR069_ADSL_8_35 frequency showing but it was saying that was disconnected.There were around 6 different frequencies showing but the others were also disconnected. When I was trying to explain to tech what I was seeing he didn’t understand and closed the call with I need to get the settings from Huawei but I was already signed into the modem??? I did go to the Huawei site but there is no mention of that modem. Anyway I ended up complaining to the complaints section and they were the same,getting me to screenshot the Speedtest results asking me to send it to them and saying they will contact the next day with a resolution but they never did. I then got a bill for the internet and it’s only been a week and I’m getting charged for the 100/17 and the speeds that I am getting range between 25 to 35/18. The whole experience has been upsetting,leaving me feeling unsupported and like I’m  insignificant and the company is only interested in getting my money and not in making me a satisfied customer. I’m not saying that my previous supplier was perfect but at least if you had any issues they would help as best they could. 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 2578 Views

Hi @Kazza69 

I'm sorry to hear no one got back to you after telling you that they would. Would you mind passing me your account number in a private message? (click my name to send me a PM) I'll try to follow up to see what happened here.

Although our support will endeavour to assist with any BYO modem you use, we're only able to guarantee support for the models we supply, so your ability to get full support with a BYO model will probably depend on the experience of the tech you speak to. 

What's the model of the modem you're using? 

Kazza69
Conductor
1 Reply 2550 Views

Well,I posted my account number in a PM as I was asked to so my situation could be looked into more but no reply so I guess you don’t get supported here either 😕 AGL you need to do better with your customer service or we will all be leaving in droves. Anyhow,my current situation will be mute as I spoke with Dodo and they want their modem back however I have purchased the exact same modem that you use via the internet ( not sure if I’m allowed to mention the site) brand new and much cheaper than the 1/2 price offered by AGL. As soon as it gets here I will be hooking it up and I hope I will be getting the speeds that I am paying for as the current speed test that I just did now is download 26.8 upload 18.8. While the upload is ok it is the download that is way lower than it should be and since AGL don’t seem to care about that and seem more interested in getting my money it will force me to take it further and I’d rather not go down that road so here’s hoping that the new modem will fix the problem 👍

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 2541 Views

Hi @Kazza69 , actually I did pass your info on to the relevant team - apologies for not confirming with you. I haven't heard anything back at this stage however. Hopefully a different modem helps with your situation as well. Please do keep us updated, and I'll follow up when I've heard back.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 2450 Views

Hi @Kazza69, just checking in on this one again. Did you manage to get this issue resolved, or are you still facing issues?

Kazza69
Conductor
0 Replies 2438 Views

Hi David,sorry for the late reply. I ended up buying the same modem that AGL uses as dodo wanted their modem back. I got it cheaper online,brand new but made sure it was the exact Tp-link modem model. Anyway,there was a delay in hooking it up as I didn’t have the spare time available until the weekend. On Thursday the 29th of September I got a phone call from someone from AGL mobile asking about my modem issues. I had my phone switched on at work as I was standing in for management who were away and I explained to him about the new modem and that I won’t be hooking it up until the weekend to which he replied that he would call me back on Monday the 2nd of October to follow up how it went. Well,today is the 12th of October and he has never rang me back 😑 so the customer service is still in a bad way(I was on the phone with my previous electricity supplier today sorting out some things with them and said to her that the only bad thing I can say about AGL at this point in time is that they have SHOCKINGLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!) Anyway long story short I did set up the modem that weekend and it is doing really well and is giving me the speeds that I pay for and the next best thing is that it is my modem so I won’t have to return it if I decide to change suppliers again 👍 So anyway you are the only one that really showed an interest in the situation so thank you for that☺️