eSIM

Sudip
Switched-on
1 Reply 129 Views

I would absolutely not recommend to go with AGL phone plan eSIM- signed up on Monday 30/09 - No eSIM was sent.

Next day I reached out to them, one of there team member advised that I should be receiving it next 2-24hrs.

Third day still no ESIM - contacted them and one their Rep advised that my eSIM was corrupted ( not sure how it got corrupted when I never received one)

Then he be said he will get replacement esim ( of course as good will he will waive off $10 for replacement sim-still got no idea why I had to pay for replacement eSIM - when I never received eSIM to start with)

Everyday I was assured I should receive ESIM by COB - which never happened.

Fourth day I contacted them again, it was then escalated and ticket raised ( once ticket is raised it takes another 3 business days)

Friday late evening after all this I was sent two QR code for eSIM - I tried them but none of them would work.

Obviously  there was no support over weekend.

i was disconnected from previous service provider on Monday itself ( it’s been week without phone now) and only way I can reach out to them via message.

i reached out to them this morning to get help with e-sim again no result - absolutely hopeless I gave up and has requested to send me physical sim- not sure how long that will take.

Even to change service provider I need working phone - once I have working phone I will no doubt switch to another provider.

only reason I switched to AGL was I already with them for Electricity/Gas but this has been worst decision I made so far.

Obviously I will report this to Fair Trading with whatever evidence I have on my end ( I know it won’t make much of difference)- but still I will give it a shot.

Reason to opt eSIM is it’s convenient and quick - but here I am with no working phone for 8 days now.

Thank you AGL

3 REPLIES 3
Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 128 Views

Hi @Sudip 
I do appreciate you reaching out to us in regard to this, and I want to apologize about the experience you've had with AGL Telecommunications.
With the esim, the system we use can take up to 24 hours to be received, I would like to advise I've seen there can be a couple problems with the esims being sent to the email address e.g. Gmail, outlook, yahoo.
With the replacement sim charges, we do have to charge $10 for a replacement sim unfortunately, but glad to hear that will be waived, given you were not able to receive the esim.
Physical sim cards can take up to 5-7 business days to be received.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

firediy
Conductor
1 Reply 92 Views

Not sure how did you guys test this onboarding process before it goes live. 

Something went terribly wrong with the business process.

My roommate ordered another eSIM and got the same old issue! 

No QR code and have to wait a day or to call and get a new QR.

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 86 Views

Hi @firediy 
I can't imagine how frustrated your roommate was when the esim failed again.
We would love to be able to look into this and help you out.
If you can please give us a call on 131245, we will be able to look into this further.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications