eSim

House_Stark
Switched-on
3 Replies 5049 Views

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and I want to utilise the eSim on my phone for my personal number (the number I ported to AGL from Telstra) and I am hugely disappointed that you do not offer this service. I will now have to cancel and go with another provider who does offer this as I do not want to go back to carrying two phones.

6 REPLIES 6
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 5046 Views

Hi @House_Stark

Sorry to hear you were disappointed. eSim is still a relatively new technology and while the capability is there on the Optus network, not all carriers are able to support it yet. Hopefully it's something we'll be able to offer in the near future.

In the meantime, I'll create an Idea for this feature over on the Ideas area so we can help to demonstrate the demand for the feature, and pass the feedback on to the relevant team.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 4785 Views

Some good news, @House_Stark  -  we're introducing eSim soon. Still confirming a launch date, but stay tuned over the next few weeks.

idlezombie
Switched-on
1 Reply 4665 Views

So any update? This is the only hold up that has been stopping me from moving my mobile service over.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 4659 Views

Hey @idlezombie - unfortunately there is no 'firm' date locked yet, but eSim's are currently due to be available mid-April.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 4315 Views

I'm pleased to update this with the news that eSim is now available through AGL mobile!

ko
Semiconductor
0 Replies 4144 Views

If only it actually works