smart meter usage

mickr
Conductor
2 Replies 473 Views

Hi, how long does usage data start to show in account with new connection, I've been connected to agl for over 30days and my smart meter usage still hasn't show up, my past provider updated it daily and when I contact support I just get the same please wait a few days it will be fixed

1000003997.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 464 Views

Should be immediate Mick.

Ask the help centre to upgrade this to the tech people.

So you can't get any sort of usage to date in the overview or usage windows of the app or website when logged in ?

mickr
Conductor
2 Replies 462 Views

No data usage at all in app or website, and well both times it was sent to technical support and was ment to be fixed after a few days, but that was 25days ago and 10 days ago

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 450 Views

You need to have someone pushing this if possible.

Maybe escalate it within the call centre, get an Aussie rep to be able to contact (by email) regularly and get them to push the tech dept.

I had 25 days of estimated data not long ago, my issue turned out to be a meter software problem, which was eventually fixed and no further problems (touch wood).

It might or might not be your problem, but here is the tail end of that thread and the software rectification . . .

https://neighbourhood.agl.com.au/t5/AGL-App/App-shows-a-recent-estimated-usage/m-p/36301/highlight/t... 

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 419 Views

Hi mickr, Sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a private message shortly to discus further. Cheers, Deepesh

mickr
Conductor
1 Reply 369 Views

Usage Data is showing now, but I notice my rates also got changed to the high time of day rate

(New rate for some reason)

1000004021.jpg

(what i was on till a few days ago till it changed to the above)

1000003805.jpg

 I can understand there can be rate increases, but not completely changing rates I am on

Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 365 Views

Wow, goes to show just how different each state can be !!

Both rates shown are way less than SA, but your daily supply charge is higher by more than 40c.

Here in SA TOU tariffs are very different, possibly TOU blocks of time, supply charge, and what's with 2 controlled load readings ? And 2 x CL daily service charges ??

Looking at the first rates photo, is that before you went to digital meter ?

It's interesting if you had analogue, that you seem to have had peak, shoulder, and off peak, no CL, which leads to question why the 2nd photo showing 2 CL and all the little daily service charges for those ?

I think AGL will have to answer the rates / pricing questions.

mickr
Conductor
1 Reply 363 Views

The first image is what I got changed too a few days ago, and the 2nd image is what I was put on when I switched to agl, these prices are also with my 18% discount taken off

I don't have the control loads 1 and 2 so don't get charged them, but I should still have my flat all day rate.

Not time of day.

Also always been a smart meter, I only changed suppliers

Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 356 Views

Ah, looks like you've been put onto TOU tariff.

And the old fixed rate 32.7c is somewhat less than even shoulder, which should be between 1000 and 1500 there ?

But that dearer than your old fixed rate.

Off peak is around 0000 - 0600 there ? Decent amount under your old fixed

Here in SA, peak is 2 blocks of time early hours before people head to work 0630 - 1000, then again 1500 to midnight (peak is ~ 49c), off peak is our middle rate ~ 1130 - 0630 (34c) , and shoulder between 1000 and 1500 cheapest (30c), so vastly different to yours.

I feel unless your off peak can be used for a lot of your consumption, timed appliances etc, then you were probably better off with old fixed rates.

mickr
Conductor
0 Replies 354 Views

The flat all day rate is what I was on when I switched to agl and till a few days back and was happy with it, not sure why it even got changed