Still being charged for gas bill after moving out.

Ahmche
Switched-on
2 Replies 261 Views

Moved out of my home a few months ago but I'm still being charged for gas. How do I stop it? Ive tried calling up a few times but it gets nowhere. How do stop it and do I get a refund? 

2 REPLIES 2
Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 242 Views

Did you arrange a last reading / disconnection of gas supply, and a final account ?

If so, did you take a final reading / photo of the meter yourself as a bit of insurance ?

I would always take such precautions, and there are many ways this could blow up on you.

You were renting ?

Are the bills showing a supply charge only, or if gas is being used an amount that shows someone is living in the place now ?

Hope you can get this sorted out, but if you don't arrange the service to be finalised on the date you move, you could be up for the bill until it is done.

Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 238 Views

Hello @Ahmche

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! 

I can see why this would be alarming, especially after moving out of the property and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

It is disheartening to hear that you tried reaching out to us in regards to your move, however, it left you to feel that it got you nowhere. This does not align with our values and want to make things right. 

So that I can further assist you, I'll send you a private message and get some details from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie