How do I check if my solar system is gross-metered or net-metered?

mkgregg
Switched-on
1 Reply 944 Views

How do I check if my solar system is gross-metered or net-metered?

3 REPLIES 3
Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 928 Views

Solar system ?

As in what's reported out of the panels ?

That will be a total production amount, so . . .

On what, your app, or on the AGL data / daily update ?

My SolarEdge app shows what it actually produces, and what % is used in the home during the day, and the % sent to the grid.

The AGL and network provider data shows actual production amounts.

The AGL app updates (Sold to Grid) show production less usage in the home for each day.

mkgregg
Switched-on
1 Reply 923 Views

I'm not sure how to read my AGL Bill. It says Solar Export, Standard Feed-in tariff, Units 1,507.598 kWh, $105.53cr (I understand that this is sold back to the Grid) How can I confirm that I'm using any of my Solar Power and not just selling it all back to the Grid?

Solar Bill.jpgSolar 1.jpg

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 915 Views

Hi @mkgregg 

You'll need to know somehow what you are producing, something independent like the solar system software.

Most modern systems have this as standard

Do you have any sort of app that shows splits of what you use and what you send to the grid ?

Eg . . . mine today so far is 12.6kw, with 40% to the home, and 60% to the grid.

Hopefully you can access such info on an app, otherwise you are sort of blind.

With an analogue meter, I'm not sure you can work it out at any one point, apart from bill time when you can take all your app info on production total (eg the 92 days for the above bill), and compare to the 92 days or whatever it is on the bill.

There should be the difference showing what you produced and used during the day.

For interest, deduct that from the total, and see what your solar feed is on the bill, it should be close, and what's left out is what your system losses are (running inverter etc).