Smart Meter doesn't send data.

EricTheRed
Conductor
1 Reply 3527 Views

I'm sure I'm heading for bill shock on Judgement Day. 

My meter won't upload data so have been on estimated usage for 5 months.  This meter has had these issues since it was installed in November last year to replace a meter that was working just fine.

It's well known that customers cannot submit meter readings if they have a smart meter, even if it's not so smart.

It's the middle of winter and my most recent estimated usage bill (Aug 22) shows a credit applied because of my solar panels.  That's inconsistent with recent years' actual reads for this time of year as our main form of heating is r/c a/c.

I've been in touch with the contractor many times and they will not advise when they are coming to attend, so they leave a card in the letter box as the meter is behind a locked gate. I call them to arrange a date as instructed and they never get back to me.

I have escalated to AGL resolutions and followed up. Dale in Resolutions sent me a text on 06 July 2022 saying he was still working on it, but no contact since then. I've sent in an online complaint.  No response.

At least electricity supply is unaffected. 

I hope the next contact will be an invitation to the AGL office happy hour.  I could use a drink.

11 REPLIES 11
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3366 Views

Hi @EricTheRed,

Welcome to Neighbourhood. I would need to look into your account, I've just sent you a private message to obtain your account details.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

EricTheRed
Conductor
2 Replies 3332 Views

A commitment that a technician would call.

It's been 2 weeks.

No call from anyone (not even a technician) and no invitation to the AGL Happy Hour, either.

Free electricity (for now).

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3314 Views

@EricTheRed Hey there, I want to help follow this up for you if you still haven't heard anything back. I'm just going to send you a PM so we can take a look at the account.

Thanks,
Mark.

EricTheRed
Conductor
2 Replies 3167 Views

Escalated from 'Resolutions' (I guess because it isn't resolved?) to 'Escalations' in September.  As there's been no contact, I'm not sure of anything other than I continue to languish in my fool's paradise where my electricity is not only free, but I continue to earn solar credits as well!  Hilarious, really.

Will post my next update on the anniversary of estimated usage in four months time.

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3151 Views

Hi there @EricTheRed, i'm sorry to hear that this is still ongoing!

I'm going to send you another private message to check what's happening on your account for you.

Thanks,
Mark.

EricTheRed
Conductor
1 Reply 2989 Views

Today's the day!!  Happy 1st "Estimated Read" Anniversary!  🥂

My usage chart indicates that tThe AI changes the pattern of my estimated usage every few weeks, but I'm still getting free electricity and even racking up solar credits!

However, my previous badgering did eventually work as arrangements were made and a technician did attend to check out the meter in December last year and he gave the meter a clean bill of health!! 

OK, so maybe I won't run extension cords to my neighbours so they can benefit as well, but should I change the subject line of this post 'cos the meter is actually sending the data, but no one is receiving it? 😄

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2978 Views

Hi @EricTheRed,

Thank you for this update. We're glad to hear our Resolutions team is looking after this for you. If you need help from us here, feel free to respond to one of our private messages with your account details, and we'll be more than happy to check on the progress of your enquiry and assist further.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

EricTheRed
Conductor
2 Replies 2974 Views

Hi Olgi.  Not sure how you think anyone's helping me.

My update was simply to recognise that it's been 12 months since I started this journey on trying to get AGL to fix my billing!

I thought it was the meter.  The effort it took to get someone out to check my meter functionality was exhausting.

Now that it's confirmed that the meter is working, yet I'm still getting estimated readings, means there's nothing left for me to do.  It's all at AGL's end.

I'll just celebrate anniversaries!  After all, the electricity being supplied is net free, right?!

Have a nice day.

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2968 Views

Hi @EricTheRed,

I'm sorry that it's taking this long to resolve this for you. I have opened a case to follow this up, as I've raised a new investigation into this issue. 

I will let you know via private message of updates. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-