Meter reading.

Tiddyoggy
Semiconductor
3 Replies 183 Views

We are an elderly couple, and just received a text from AGL to read our own meter. We haven’t seen anyone reading out meter for years. We would always see him when he visited. Are you saying all of our readings have been guesses? Who is supposed to read the meter other than us?

(I never learnt to read a gas meter, although my mother was the first female gas meter reader for the AGL).

3 REPLIES 3
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 173 Views

Hello, 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been notified to provide a meter read and that you have not seen anyone come out for quite some time, I appreciate how concerning this would be and am happy to help! 

The gas meter is read and manage by your distributor and depending what state you are in; the gas meter is scheduled to be read every 2 - 3 months. 

Oh wow, that's amazing! We can certainly assist you with how to read the meter, you can also find further information available on our website

However, I will send you a private message and get some details from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 172 Views

@Tiddyoggy for some more information about how meter reads and estimated reads work, you might like to have a look at this discussion: https://neighbourhood.agl.com.au/t5/Meters-Connections/Doing-my-own-meter-reads/td-p/21039?cidi=B100...

Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 154 Views

Thank you providing your details. 

We tried contacting you, however, we were unable to reach you. 

You can submit your own read via the AGL app or My Account, however, if you would like any further assistance, please feel free to contact us on 131 245. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie