Meter Read - incorrect number of digits?

EHM
Switched-on
2 Replies 128 Views

I recently got a new meter. The old one had four digits, the new one has 8 - 5 black, 3 red.

Everything I see online says that I only read the first 5 digits, and that I enter everything from left to right including zeroes.

The problem is; my app only gives me 4 spaces to enter digits. So if my meter says '0003', I can either enter 0000 (which the app won't let me do), or 0003, which I think is 10x my actual usage, right?

Is the app incorrectly set up - should there be 5 digits instead of 4 - or am I entering my read incorrectly? I've been charged double what I normally pay this month, and I only have a gas stove that I used 2-3 times a week.

2 REPLIES 2
Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 118 Views

So you just got a new meter, and you are sure it is an ANALOGUE type ?

This is very unusual, pretty much all new meters are supposed to be digital now, and you literally can't (and don't need to) enter readings for those.

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 108 Views

Hi EHM, It will be good to understand what type of meter you have the site so I can advise accordingly. But, usually you enter just the digits in black from the meter. I will send you a private message to get more details and discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh